Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Northern Trust
- Analyst (38)
- Financial Analyst (27)
- GOLD Program (9)
- Senior Analyst (6)
- Intern (6)
- Operations Analyst (5)
- Consultant (5)
- Associate Fund Accountant (4)
- Investment Associate (4)
- Fund Accountant (4)
- Finance (3)
- Fund Analyst (3)
- Derivatives Analyst (3)
- Tax Technician (2)
- Portfolio Accounting Analyst (2)
- Second Vice President (2)
- Accountant (2)
- Alternative Investment Analyst (2)
- Investment Operations Analyst (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Vice President (2)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- Vice President Marketing Manager (1)
- Technology Internship (1)
- Administrator (1)
- Business Process Analyst (1)
- Consulting (1)
- Pension Fund Accountant (1)
- Associate (1)
- Associate Portfolio Manager (1)
Business Analyst- Accounting and IT Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day – interviewed at Northern Trust in July 2011.
panel phone interveiw to be followed by in person interview.
position was as a fixed income acccounting/it process business analyst to assess if a new software FA package (TPG) was accounting for process flows correctly.
panel consisted of the project manger and a "financial/accounting" sme (subject matter expert).
I prepared by reviewing the accounting litature for hedges/derivatives/ fx accounting etc
1.detailed accounting questions form the sme -- icnluding how you account for bonds and my past experince "setting up" for fasb 91 accounting. NT is going to start full fas 91 accounting. I had little experience with this so that did not go well
2. Next, the Project manager asked about soft ba skills such as how wouldl IA gather requjirements, what steps would i use etc. He also asked about several industry terms used by the fixed income traders. for exsample how would I define volitility if atrader sais he nmeeded a report to include volitility.
therre were supposed to be several others on the con call , but, they had been re assigned to a new project.
they did not pursue it futherr than the phone interview. My understandiong is they were going to use an internal resource or a big three consultant to handle this instead of a contract consultant.
- experience installing/accounting for fas 91 View Answer