Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at OANDA
- Java Developer (1)
- Web Applications Developer (1)
- Web Developer (1)
- Senior C++ Developer (1)
- Developer (1)
- Business Analytics (1)
- Forex Specialist (1)
- C++ Software Developer Intern (1)
- FX Account Sales Associate (1)
I applied through college or university – interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)).
Done through school coop program, submitted resume and received a 45 minute skype interview. This consisted of 10 minutes of past experience. A few verbal questions about deadlock, OOP (they asked difference between inheritance and composition I was caught off guard).
- When you type in "google.ca" in your browser, what happens behind the scenes when fetching HTML Answer Question
Helpful (3)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days – interviewed at OANDA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.
I was called on the phone and asked really basic C++, Unix and Networking question. Anyone can pass the phone screen test which is given by HR that has zero tech/programming background. I got called for a real interview, I answered their questions, coded 2 problems on the white board and than wrote a SQL query and talked about database.
This company seems to be always posting jobs but they never get back to you after the interview. I had another offer, so I took that one and didn't bother with this company. I was not impressed being told I would be working as a integration guy building and testing software. I also got the sense they don't pay well. If you already have a job, I suggest you discuss your salary before you waste your time going to their interview.
- You should know your data structure and algo, most of the coding questions are pretty classic and easy to code. If you've done some interviewing you will have come across these questions before, nothing new or really difficult. Know the basic of network, database inside and out. Answer Question