Interviews for Top Jobs at Orbital Sciences
- Engineer (4)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Intern (2)
- Principal Engineer (2)
- Principal Systems Engineer (1)
- Principal Manufacturing Engineer (1)
- Senior Program Financial Analyst (1)
- Launch Vehicle Systems Engineer (1)
- Configuration Management Data Analyst (1)
- Business Operations Intern (1)
- Senior Principal Engineer (1)
- Associate Engineer (1)
- Engineering Intern (1)
Systems Engineer Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Orbital Sciences (Gilbert, AZ) in January 2012.
I was first contacted by an engineering manager for the Gilbert location in late November and had the fly-out interview setup by early January. I flew out in mid-January on a Sunday and my interview was on a Monday. I first met with my point of contact and had 5 45-minute interviews before being taken to lunch. Each interview was slightly different depending on the nature of the person. Some people asked questions or talked about what they did and others just sat quietly which forced me to ask about what it is that they do. Some of them looked through my resume and some just wanted me to talk about myself. Through talking with each person, I found something in common with them. It would be an easy experience if you are good at talking. If you are not so good it would likely have been like pulling teeth. I has asked if I could take a tour of the facilities and my POC was glad to adhere. I got to tour the satellite center and look around at projects in progress. I was happy with the interview process.
One thing to comment on, it took 6 weeks and a lot of calls/emails with different people to find out where I was in the process. They told me it was a fluke and that my POC is usually more responsive but until 6 weeks later, I didn't know where they were in the process.
- Name a time when you worked with a group or member in which you had a differing of opinion on how the project should go and how did you handle it. Answer Question