P&G Western Europe
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at P&G Western Europe
- Assistant Brand Manager (3)
- Intern (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Marketing Intern (1)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- Finance Intern (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Researcher (1)
- CMK (1)
- CMK Associate Manager (1)
- Process Engineer (1)
- Management Trainee (1)
- Supply Chain Manager (1)
- IDS Graduate Position (1)
- European Financial Seminary (1)
- General Applications (1)
- CBD Manager (1)
- IDS Business Analyst (1)
- Internship Marketing (1)
- PhD Seminar (1)
- Sales/Customer Business Development (1)
- Telephone Interview P& G (1)
- Entry Level Management Sales (1)
- CBD/Sales (1)
- Junior Assistant Brand Manager (1)
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at P&G Western Europe in April 2014.Interview Details
At the start of the process you will be required to complete a number of personality questionnaires, along with a non-verbal reasoning test. There is no real way to prepare for the personality test (called the success driver’s test), other than to study P&G’s core competencies. They are looking for winners, but want people who are willing to play by the rules to get tasks done. They highlight: passion for winning, leadership, ownership, honesty and trust as their most desired attributes.
Then I had a 15 minute telephone interview, which focussed upon my experience and competencies. This is fairly informal and the interviewer will try to make you relax. Don’t rush to think of an answer, take a few seconds to think of the best response and then deliver it with confidence. The assessment day then consisted of a 65 minute reasoning test, split between verbal, non-verbal and numerical questions. There is a pass mark rather than a quota, so don’t be worried by those around you and simply focus upon maximising your own marks. I would recommend using websites such as Assessmentday and SHL to prepare for this. The maths questions are numerical comprehension questions, so are slightly different from most numerical tests you will take. I have heard people suggesting GMAT practice papers are good preparation also.
Then there is an hours lunch with a recently employed graduate of the company (normally one who has been there around a year). This is a chance to ask lots of questions, but is very relaxed. Then the afternoon consists of an initial interview with two directors of the company. My interviewers had been with P&G for 19 years and 15 years. This is purely a competency based interview and will involve a large focus on examples of your leadership, ability to overcome obstacles/innovate.
The final interview is one on one and for me was again focused upon my own competencies. But the interviewer focused much more on specific examples of where I had exhibited these skills in certain scenarios. Such as: tell me about a time when you were working for company x, and you had to make a difficult decision regarding the best course of action... etc.
I then found out about 3 hours after the interview that I had the internship. The whole process took 3 months for me. But there was a month and a half gap between my telephone interview and my assessment day.
Please bear in mind that it is possible to fail at any stage. If you fail the tests on the morning of the assessment day, you will go home at that point.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Tell me about a time when you noticed that someone was better than you at something. View Answer
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at P&G Western Europe in August 2010.Interview Details
- online application process: upload CV etc./ motivation letter is not always required
- afterwards you have to pass a personality and a figural reasoning test
- invitation to the hq where you are interviewed (3 x 1 hour)/ keep in mind: context, action, result! It is helpfull to practice the interview situation before.
- reasoning test test consisting of three sections: figural, logic-based and numerical.
- if you pass all that, you're in!Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsThere's nothing to negotiate. P&G has a fixed salary scheme.Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
- What would you do if you know your boss doesn't want to be interrupted publicly but you have an issue with what he says based on internal research? Answer Question