Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Press Ganey
- Account Manager (6)
- Improvement Manager (2)
- Bilingual Phone Survey Representative (1)
- Counsel Contracts (1)
- Senior Product Analyst, Physician Engagement (1)
- App Developer (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Instructional Designer (1)
- Innovation Project Manager (1)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Graphic Designer (1)
- Director Sales Operations (1)
- Client Relationship Executive (1)
Account Manager Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in October 2014.
There was a video interview, followed by in person interviews. The interviews weren't bad, but the video one was pretty weird and a little awkward. I was told by a friend who is currently an Account Manager, to apply for the position. Although he was always stressed out and venting about the high volumes of work, he always said they had good benefits and there is room to grow there.
I got offered a position starting at 38K annually, eligible for yearly raises, and thought it was a joke. For the amount of work that they seem to do, that is not worth the work. I would be taking a major pay cut, so in the end, I had to decline.
- It was pretty straight-forward. They asked for examples of times when I've had to do this or that. Typical Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Pay was far too low.
Other Interview Reviews for Press Ganey
Account Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAccepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Press Ganey.
This was a 2 step process: phone interview, followed by a 2 hour onsite interview that consisted of 2 panels. I was a little intimidating, but they tried to make me as comfortable as possible.
- It was very straight forward. They asked background questions and things like "explain a time when you had to get someone to do something they didn't want to do". Answer Question
There was no negotiation
Account Manager InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks – interviewed at Press Ganey.
Panel style interview. More like an interrogation and intimidation. Ridiculous. Heard they do not do these any more, but still tag team you with 3 or 4 people.
- You have 5 minutes to get as much information about the prospect next to you and then present this person to the group. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Not enough pay
Account Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in January 2013.
They first conduct a telephone interview and then select people to come into the office and meet with all of the account management team managers and one person from HR (usually the person who you did the phone interview with) who need people/are short people on their team. After the interview the managers meet to discuss pros and cons of each potential employee and argue over who gets who on what team. Most account mangers last less than one year before moving to another company. The account management position has a very high turnover rate. During the interview the managers take turns reading from a paper of preexisting behavioral interview questions, each then take notes to aid them in their discussions and decision making process later. This is a process driven company and they have a specific process to follow for every task, including very heavy documentation and checklists to complete for EVERY process. They like details and are looking for very detail oriented people.
- This is a pretty straight forward behavioral interview. Just look up behavioral interviewing on the web if you are unsure or have not participated in a behavioral interview, and you'll be good to go. Answer Question
They do not negotiate salary with account managers. It is a take it or leave it job offer, and that is a company wide thing in the account management department.
Account Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in July 2009.
the interview processed has changed several times over the past two years
there is no negotiating salary
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review