Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at ReachLocal
- Internet Marketing Consultant (33)
- IMC (14)
- Campaign Professional (6)
- Account Manager (6)
- Inside Sales Executive (3)
- Account Executive (2)
- Client Services Consultant (2)
- IMC (Internet Marketing Consultant) (2)
- Sales Executive (2)
- Web Presence Professional (2)
- Campaign Performance Analyst (1)
- Sales (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Talent Acquisition Specialist (1)
- SEM (1)
- That Would Give IT Away (1)
- Support Engineer Level I (1)
- Senior Campaign Professional (1)
- S QA Analyst (1)
- National Business Development (1)
- Intenet Marketing Consultant (1)
- Analyst (1)
- OUTSIDE SALES (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Senior QA Analyst (1)
- Director (1)
- Sales Representative (1)
- Data Analyst (1)
- Partner Development Manager (1)
- Accepted OfferAccepted Offer
2 interviews...one in person with regional sales manager and another over the phone with area director.
- Pros/Cons of companies employing a robust SEM strategy...challenges to run it effectively. Answer Question
Helpful (3)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week – interviewed at ReachLocal (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.
Ridiculous "personality profile" assessments and basic math and mind game tests followed by mandatory prerequisite interview prep that should be two weeks worth of training to learn their technology, the company, and how to present it. No support from the recruiters at all.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at ReachLocal (Edina, MN).
Phone calls and one personal face to face meeting
- Can I be a team player Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at ReachLocal.
Interview process was detailed. Three phone interviews with recruiter who works for the company and a manager outside the area. Two face to face interviews, one with the area manager and regional manager. Also went through training for a week in Dallas...very thorough. Upper management used to be present for training but company has since gone through a big disconnect.
- There is an assistant position that pays a guarantee of around $70,000 or an IMC position that is salaried at $38000 plus commission. Which position are you looking for? 1 Answer
Negotiated a guarantee of $50k salary first year by showing W2 from previous position.
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at ReachLocal (Washington, DC).
Submitted my application online through in house recruiter and was contacted, and conducted phone interview and role play. Next step was face to face interview with office manager, and then recommended to next step interview with area director, and was offered the position.
- I felt confident during the interview process and was prepared for any questions. I did not find the interview difficult, or unexpected questions that I could not answer. 1 Answer
I negotiated my base salary, and expressed what I was willing to accept, and was presented a written compensation package, with commissions, and full benefit package, with expense reimbursement
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at ReachLocal in June 2013.
I was contacted by a ReachLocal recruiter via LinkedIn. The recruiter was very upfront regarding the position. During the interview process I met the local Sales Manager and the Area Sales Manager in person, I had phone interview with the Regional Manager and 2 phone interviews with the recruiter. I submitted a resume, completed an online application and took an online personality test. Although it may seem like a lot of steps it went very smoothly and I was never left to wonder where I stood.
- Why do you want to start a career at ReachLocal? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at ReachLocal (Plano, TX) in April 2013.
Applied online and didn't receive a response until I contacted an employee to refer me into the recruiters. Phone interview w recruiter was very brief to verify relevance, and I was scheduled for an in-person with the Regional Sales Manager. They were flooded with interviewees at this time and it felt like a cattle call.
- How many calls did you make per day at your last job? How many appointments did you set? How many appointments did you run? Why don't those numbers add up to your monthly number of meetings? Why didn't you make more sales? Answer Question
No negotiation, and offer was through the recruiters instead of management.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at ReachLocal.
Interview and hiring process was extremely quick, as I'm sure the recruiter was ready to get his bonus. My recruiter was a very nice guy, but EXTREMELY dishonest in telling me what I could expect to earn.
Applied online after a job in media fell through after a management change up and was called that same day for an interview. The second interview was in person with the Regional Sales Manager where he basically just talked to me (at me) for an hour. I barely got a word in. Mainly he wanted to see how many accounts you could bring in through personal connections. And he loved the sound of his voice, so he basically just took charge of the conversation. I had an interview with the North East Director of sales over the phone the next day and was hired the next. In all, it took less than a week for everything to happen.
Interviews like this happen often in the regional offices because they are constantly firing people after only a few months or people are leaving on their own. There's an insane amount of employee turnover because it's really not all its cracked up to be.
- They ask you if you understand the products. So do a lot of research if you want the job, and be ready to talk about any media sales experience you have. Answer Question
The negotiation phase wasn't very much. They asked me what I wanted in a salary and I told them, and they obliged. I might have been able to push for more, but to be honest, it was my first job in sales (and last) and I didn't have much presence to make demands.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceNo OfferNegative Experience
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at ReachLocal (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2013.
Although I applied for a different position, I was contacted by HR because they liked my skills for the IMC position. I emailed HR back to set up an interview but didn't hear back from HR until 2 weeks later. After sending my schedule information again to set up a phone interview, HR never got back to me, which I found odd considering they contacted me because they were interested. Unprofessional and disorganized.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at ReachLocal (Houston, TX) in October 2011.
interviewed with the two managers in the office. got one call from the regional manager
- it was really a conversational interview. they want to know if you have contacts that you can instantly sell to 1 Answer
i accepted their original offer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review