Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at SHI International
- Inside Account Executive (15)
- Account Executive (9)
- Inside Account Manager (7)
- Inside Sales Account Manager (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (3)
- Intern (1)
- Internal Account Manager (1)
- Account Manager (1)
- Accounts Receivable (1)
- Logistician (1)
- Systems Architect (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Field Sales (1)
- N/A (1)
- Dev (1)
- Purchasing Agent (1)
- Business Development Manager (1)
- Licensing Specialist (1)
- Accounts Receivable Representative (1)
- Account Executive Public Sector (1)
Helpful (3)Accepted Offer
The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SHI International.
The hiring process is managed through the company HQ in New Jersey, but the interviews are handled by the local sales manager, and regional directors. In my experience, the interview process was pretty straight forward, there is a lot of value placed on previous sales experience, and on cultivating long standing executive level relationships.
- The most challenging aspect of the interview was the wide range of products that SHI sells. Depending on pervious experience the line of questioning can go just about anywhere. You're better off admitting that you don't have experience around a certain technology, but you're eager to learn, rather than trying to fake it, or study up for the interview process. Answer Question
For account executives, there in not much room for negotiating on the base salary. There is a very aggressive commission structure, and you have an opportunity to make as much money as you want, but it will be heavily weighted to commissions rather than base salary.
- Accepted Offer
This interview process took 2 weeks I got a phone interview and ten met at the company headquarters. Very basic interview questions about my goals and my weaknesses. I wish they did a better job axing questions though because I feel as if those types of questions are not helpful in determining the validity of a good costumer or not. I had a good interview experience. The people were very friendly and knowledgeable about the company.
- Where did you learn how to use powerpoint? Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
I interviewed for my company 5 years ago and the information and details have been adjusted since then but overall it was a pleasant experience. I talked with a recruiter and then took a written questionnaire. I was called back a week or two later and was offered the position.
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2015.
Was a very brief and simple interview. Met with two people from HR separately and reviewed my resume. Gave me background of the company and culture and description of the position.
- What motivates you the most? Answer Question
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in June 2015.
In the initial phone screen almost all questions were regarding whether I would be willing to work for their low salary. The recruiter invited me in to meet with her and the hiring manager. At my in person interview, I sat in the main lobby for 25 minutes past my interview time before they finally came and got me. I wasn't very impressed at all.
- After having seen the culture of our sales pit, how do you think you can contribute? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in July 2015.
Really easy, phone interview, then two in person interviews on right after the other in the office. Really weird office they put you in. Didn't feel comfortable at all. They just asked basic what is your work experience, explain a time when you were challenged, and be prepared with examples. Like I said if you are intelligent, have a mild college degree you will be hired.
- Basically just talk about yourself in the best way. Sound intelligent and you will get a job. They love suckers with a business degree. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SHI International (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.
It was very standard. Not a lot of work. You show up and explain that you are ready to work and willing to put in the work. They currently are undergoing management changes so things are a little different now. Just prove you want to work hard and have what it takes.
- What is your biggest weakness? Answer Question
- Declined OfferEasy Interview
I interviewed at SHI International in January 2015.
Applied online thru my school and after a few weeks I was called by an HR rep and we discussed a few preliminary things and then they asked me to set up an interview time with them. The interview was in a small room at a desk and I was asked typical interview questions.
- What have you done in your life that relates to this position? Answer Question
Helpful (2)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International in January 2012.
Very easy questions.
- asked about resume Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Company pulled a bait and switch on the salary range. Very unethical. Terrible benefits. I was very appalled by the lack of integrity at this company.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review