Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at SHI International
- Inside Account Executive (14)
- Account Executive (8)
- Inside Account Manager (6)
- Inside Sales Account Manager (4)
- Inside Sales Representative (3)
- Intern (1)
- Account Manager (1)
- Accounts Receivable (1)
- Logistician (1)
- Systems Architect (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Field Sales (1)
- N/A (1)
- Dev (1)
- Purchasing Agent (1)
- Business Development Manager (1)
- Licensing Specialist (1)
- Account Executive Public Sector (1)
Helpful (3)Accepted Offer
The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at SHI International.
The hiring process is managed through the company HQ in New Jersey, but the interviews are handled by the local sales manager, and regional directors. In my experience, the interview process was pretty straight forward, there is a lot of value placed on previous sales experience, and on cultivating long standing executive level relationships.
- The most challenging aspect of the interview was the wide range of products that SHI sells. Depending on pervious experience the line of questioning can go just about anywhere. You're better off admitting that you don't have experience around a certain technology, but you're eager to learn, rather than trying to fake it, or study up for the interview process. Answer Question
For account executives, there in not much room for negotiating on the base salary. There is a very aggressive commission structure, and you have an opportunity to make as much money as you want, but it will be heavily weighted to commissions rather than base salary.
- Accepted Offer
This interview process took 2 weeks I got a phone interview and ten met at the company headquarters. Very basic interview questions about my goals and my weaknesses. I wish they did a better job axing questions though because I feel as if those types of questions are not helpful in determining the validity of a good costumer or not. I had a good interview experience. The people were very friendly and knowledgeable about the company.
- Where did you learn how to use powerpoint? Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
I interviewed for my company 5 years ago and the information and details have been adjusted since then but overall it was a pleasant experience. I talked with a recruiter and then took a written questionnaire. I was called back a week or two later and was offered the position.
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in June 2015.
In the initial phone screen almost all questions were regarding whether I would be willing to work for their low salary. The recruiter invited me in to meet with her and the hiring manager. At my in person interview, I sat in the main lobby for 25 minutes past my interview time before they finally came and got me. I wasn't very impressed at all.
- After having seen the culture of our sales pit, how do you think you can contribute? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days – interviewed at SHI International (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.
It was very standard. Not a lot of work. You show up and explain that you are ready to work and willing to put in the work. They currently are undergoing management changes so things are a little different now. Just prove you want to work hard and have what it takes.
- What is your biggest weakness? Answer Question
- Declined OfferEasy Interview
interviewed at SHI International in January 2015.
Applied online thru my school and after a few weeks I was called by an HR rep and we discussed a few preliminary things and then they asked me to set up an interview time with them. The interview was in a small room at a desk and I was asked typical interview questions.
- What have you done in your life that relates to this position? Answer Question
Helpful (2)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at SHI International in January 2012.
Very easy questions.
- asked about resume Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Company pulled a bait and switch on the salary range. Very unethical. Terrible benefits. I was very appalled by the lack of integrity at this company.
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2 days – interviewed at SHI International in February 2011.
Overall it is was a positive interview process. The recruiter and the Hiring Manager worked together to make the interview and the scheduling easy. The Recruiter contacted me via phone and after a quick screening offered to connect me with the hiring manager. Had a good discussion with the hiring manager and gave me a very good overview of the team and the requirements.
- Asked about my knowledge around different software/hardwareTechnology and licensing of those solutions within corporate enviroments Answer Question
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at SHI International in November 2012.
I was contacted by HR with no prior knowledge of SHI. I was told a little bit about the company and position and then asked if I would be interested in this opportunity. I had expressed interest so was Immediately interviewed while on the same phone call. Very standard interview questions about my experiences, strengths and weaknesses. I was then asked if I would like to schedule an in person interview. During my interview I met with the same person I had interviewed with over the phone. I then interviewed with someone from the department of the position i was applying. Both interviews were very similar to the phone interview, just standard questions. Directly after the interview I was asked to take a test which measured my ability to perform the tasks required for the position. Fairly simple test, only about 10 questions. I was then contacted a week later to fill out information for a background check. A week after that I was offered the position.
- Nothing challenging or unexpected. Standard questions about past experiences, strengths and weaknesses. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review