Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at SYKES
- Customer Service Representative (62)
- Customer Service (7)
- At Home Customer Service Representative (5)
- Technical Support (5)
- CCP (4)
- Customer Care Professional (4)
- Customer Care Representative (4)
- Customer Service Agent, Technical Support (4)
- Customer Service Agent (3)
- Call Center Agent (3)
- Call Center Representative (3)
- Account Manager (2)
- Gaming Specialist (2)
- Customer Service Agent I (2)
- Trainer (2)
- Sykes Team Manager (2)
- Genealogy Specialist (2)
- Customer Service Representative (Work At Home) (1)
- Financial Service Representative, Temp Manager (1)
- Russian Speaking Customer Service Representative (1)
- Gaming Agent (1)
- English Specialist (1)
- Work At Home Customer Service (1)
- Sales/Customer Care (1)
- Customer Service Representative Work From Home (1)
- Account Management Specialist (1)
- IT Helpdesk (1)
- Budget Analyst (1)
- Benefits Administrator (1)
- Bank Teller (1)
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at SYKES (Spokane, WA) in June 2015.
Online series of questions and skills tests, with a reading over the phone of a prepared text. I waited two weeks to be notified by email that there was a position open for me to interview for. The job is part time, with flexible hours for training and work. Online interview, over adobe connect, had some preparation of screen shots of my computer's and internet capability. I was also asked to prepare in my own words what Project Blue Sky is. I was directed to do a google search for information. The interview is part of a group and I spent the time not personally answering questions on mute listening.
- What is Project Blue Sky. Do a google search to find information. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at SYKES (Dover, DE) in June 2015.
I applied online for a work-at-home position, I had to do an online skills assessment which lasted about an hour. It was easy to complete. About a week later, I received an email instructing me to log in to Sykes website and review the jobs available. I chose one from the general descriptions given for the jobs. I was scheduled for an interview two days later. It was a telephone group interview. There was a little homework to do the night before. We had to do screenshots and submit them. We also came prepared with answers to three questions that were asked. We were each asked to read one of the answers. Basically, that was it. I was offered the job on the spot. I was able to select my shift when I officially accepted the position that same day.
- Tell me about a difficult call you had, and how you handled it. What is the difference between finance charges and APR? What are the basic requirements needed to work-at-home with SYKES? (Put your answers in a word document, because you'll be asked to copy and paste.) Answer Question
Helpful (4)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at SYKES (Sumter, SC) in May 2015.
I applied onlines. At the end of the application I was given an interview date and time. The interview is online(no webcam) it's a power point and you'll have to dial in the given number on it. I was on the phone with 5 other candidates. You just follow the instructions given by the recruiter. Fairly easy. I was asked 4 questions and i had to read my number 1 question. He goes by how you speak, and type. Listening skills also.
- Name a time you had to deal with an angry customer and how did you handle it? What was the weather in Ocean City, MD last week? Name a time when you had empathy for a customer. Name a time when you had difficulty understanding a customer and asked them to repeat themselves, how did they react to you? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
very detailed and emphasis on fundamentals. most of the managers want you to be comfortable and be yourself since that is the best way to evaluate your answers in that setting.
- describe a time when you disagreed with your team, how did you handle it? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at SYKES (Wise, VA).
Interview process is one that is standard. You are subjected to a 20 question test on a computer to ensure that you have the capacity to read. You then are told about the position as you are being subjected to a drug testing procedure. You are informed what the starting pay is for the position and giving the opportunity to ask questions about the job. Pending the outcome of the drug and background test you are given a tentative start date.
Being that it is a call center requiring the individual to be able to express themselves, there is great emphasis on verbal communication skills during the interview!
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at SYKES in March 2015.
it was okay, not to bad for a review everything went well. I can't really remember anything else because it was so bland and overall it was a good idea to choose this company, I think the only problem I have for this is they don't really tell you a period of time and give you time to get all your things that you have to pay on your own.
- do you have computer skills? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at SYKES (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.
Your dial in to a room where other applicants are also interviewing. There is a speaker that goes around the room and asks you questions pertaining to the job. While other people are answering their questions you mute your phone to give privacy to the other applicants. The overall experience was easy. The interview was just basic questions and the hiring process went smoothly
- If your computer quits working while speaking with a customer, what do you do? Answer Question
Helpful (4)Accepted OfferEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at SYKES.
I applied on line. I received an email inviting me to interview. This was done in chat, on a conference call with other candidates. We listened to a presentation. Then we did a short quiz with essay answers. We were asked to read one of our questions and answers out loud. Those of us hired were sent to a break out room. We were informed of the salary and hours and asked if it was acceptable. Those who agreed stayed. We submitted our computer specs. Over the next few days, we completed our new hire paperwork, and enrolled into training.
- A customer calls and says that the previous agent offered them something for free. You know they are lying. What do you do? Answer Question
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at SYKES (Lakeland, FL) in February 2015.
Interview process went smoothly. "Optimized interview" in a group setting over the phone/online. **Be sure to follow directions.** you are asked to write out answers to questions asked on a notepad and then read one of your answers out loud to get a feel of how you sound on the phone. Once this was completed, some were asked to a second interview the following day, after completing an online assessment. The assessment was alot like an IQ test and was a bit difficult in certain sections. The second interview was fairly straight forward- "why do you want to work here?"; "Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer"; "sell me this pen" (because the job does require attempting to up sell once service requests are complete). I was offered the job, signed papers for a 7 year background check, completed a drug test, and was emailed links to the W4 information.
No negotiation, but was assured that there is plenty of room to grow.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at SYKES.
Expect the following: Phone interview, computer check (you cannot have 8.1), background check (if you have a misdemeanor you can work some jobs) Signing paperwork online via PDF files, easy process .
- They are going to ask you a question like, "if you ever handled an irate customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?" Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review