Sears Analyst In Training - Inventory Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Cashier (174)
- Sales Associate (165)
- Assistant Manager (21)
- Store Manager (20)
- MCA (19)
- Assistant Store Manager (18)
- Photographer/Sales Associate (16)
- Merchandiser (16)
- Merchandising and Pricing Associate (16)
- Consultative Sales Associate (14)
- Receiving Associate (14)
- Operations Manager (12)
- Inventory Analyst (12)
- Sales Consultant (12)
- Loss Prevention Associate (10)
- Loss Prevention Manager (9)
- Loss Prevention (9)
- Business Analyst (8)
- Cashier/Sales Associate (8)
- Lead (8)
- Assistant Retail Store Manager (7)
- Sales Representative (7)
- Electronics Sales Associate (7)
- Retail Sales Representative (6)
- Manager (6)
- Sales Project Consultant (6)
- Customer Service Associate (6)
- Software Developer (6)
- Technical Specialist (6)
- Software Engineer (6)
Inventory Analyst In Training Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sears in March 2013.
Interview Details – I initially applied online through my university job bank. After a month I was contacted by phone and had an initial phone screening interview. Questions were relatively straightforward, why are you interested in Sears? why did you choose your degree? What are your strengths and weaknesses? They then arranged to conduct a skill test online at a later date.
The Skill test was quite straightforward. You have an hour to complete some easy math questions as well as some logic and grammar questions.
A few days after submitting this, I was invited to the Sears headquarters for an in-person interview. This consisted of 2 back-to-back two person panel interviews. Questions were behavioural and analytical, and there were some unexpected questions as well.
After this interview, I never heard back from them again. I contacted the HR rep that had messaged me, but she said that she did not have any further information.
- Why are manholes round? Answer Question
- How many airports take off from Pearson International Airport every day? Answer Question
- There are eight balls, one of which is slightly heavier than the other seven. How can you find the heavier ball using only a scale? The weights can not be determined by feel. Answer Question
Analyst In Training - Inventory Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sears in April 2011.
Interview Details – Initial phone interview consists of basic questions like why you would like to work for the company, etc. The interviewer also set up a date to do a reasoning and numerical test that would take approximately one hour. The 20 multiple choice questions were sent to you by email and you had to email the HR rep the answers when the hour is up. These questions consists of reading comprehension questions, verbal reasoning and numerical calculations. I finished these questions after about 20 minutes, and submitted the solutions after 45 minutes.
One day after the test, the HR rep called again to set up the interview. It would take place at the Eatons Centre office in downtown Toronto. The HR rep also gave examples of questions to expect from the interviewers, such as explaining your thought process as you came up with the number of gas stations in Canada.
On the day of the interview, I was interviewed by two 2:man panels. One panel was based on behavioral questions, while the other focused on analytical questions. Most of the behavioral questions were straight forward, but some of the analytical questions were tricky.
- How many planes take off from Pearson Airport each day? View Answer
- There are two buckets, one 5L bucket and one 3L bucket. Each bucket has no markings on it, and there is an unlimited supply of water. How can you measure exactly 4L of water? View Answers (3)
- If your best boss was here right now, what would he say about you? Similarly if your worst boss was here right now, what would he say about you? Answer Question
- There are eight balls, one of which is slightly heavier than the other seven. How can you find the heavier ball using only a scale? The weights can not be determined by feel. View Answer
- What makes you better than the other candidates? View Answer
Analyst In Training - Inventory Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sears in November 2009.
Interview Details – The job was posted on my university's career center website. I applied for it and was confident that I'll get it since I had inventory background plus a business degree. Got a call 3 weeks after applying. The HR rep started interviewing me over the phone. We talked for 20 minutes and she told me someone else would call you the next day. And I got a call from another rep and she interviewed me for 20 minutes or so. Then after the weekend, I was asked to come in for an analytical test at their Eaton Centre head office in Toronto. It was an hour long test. The test had both mathematics and verbal.. It wasn't as easy as I had thought it would be. Took me the entire hour to finish the 20 questions and I am quite good at those questions. So they called me a few days after that and told me to come in for an interview. It was two half hour 2 on 1 interviews that were back to back. By the time I reached home after those interviews, I got a call back to come in after the weekend for the final interview. 4 days after that interview, I was offered the job.
It was a very lengthy process. And quite nerve wrecking too but it was a learning opportunity and all is well that ends well.
- What would your best boss say about you View Answer
- Tell me about a time when you set a goal and achieved it, also tell me about a time when you set a goal but couldn't achieve it Answer Question
Negotiation Details – The offer was very decent. But I think if it wasn't decent enough, I would've been able to negotiate. They asked me for my expectation almost every step of the way.
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sears