Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at SoftLayer
- Server Build Technician (5)
- Customer Support Technician (3)
- Cst (2)
- Software Engineer (2)
- Data Center Technician (2)
- Senior MS SQL Database Administrator (1)
- Systems Administrator, Managed Hosting (1)
- Abuse Analyst (1)
- SBT (1)
- Server Build Tech (1)
- Data Center Technician Entry Level (1)
- Software Engineer I (1)
- Intern (1)
- Storage Administrator (1)
- Engineer (1)
- Data Center Supervisor (1)
- Regional Sales (1)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SoftLayer (Chantilly, VA) in May 2015.
Site manager emailed and he asked three quesion about computer components, computer troubleshooting, installing, hardware and software. I got a phone call from site manager about 10 components of computer. He sat up interview in a week in chantilly VA.
- Asked about RAID 0,1,10 and differences. 10 component of computer. Subnet, IP address, Linux commands Active directory, BIOS, CMOS 2 IQ test question My background and experience RAM and RAM troubleshooting Cisco router and Switches Routing protocols 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at SoftLayer.
I applied through a very aggressive recruiting firm that they use. I was more than qualified for the position, however he seemed hesitant to submit me at the higher range of the salary range they were seeking. Once I had the initial phone screen with the HR person, it was your typical HR questions. The she immediately scheduled me for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I spoke to him the next day, and answered every question correctly. At the end of the interview he said he wanted to get me in for an in-person interview. I reminded him that I was not in the area, and he said that would be no problem. He told me he would still continue on with the next step of getting me another interview over a video conference. 2 hours later, I received a text message from the recruiter telling me they passed on me. Seemed odd after the conversation I just had with the hiring manager, but if this is the way the manager and the company does business, I want no part in it.
- Describe your biggest challenge you can not overcome. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at SoftLayer (Austin, TX) in November 2014.
Applied and took about 2 months, got an email and scheduled an interview. Interview was a 20 min Behavioral one with easy questions. They stressed that the job will be a hectic one with new projects occurring one after the other.
- No difficult question in the first screen. Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at SoftLayer (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.
Got a call through oncampus career fair. Went to onsite for the interview. 3 people started interviewing me about my projects on resume and experience and my work on Webservices in PHP.
- designing webservice in PHP using REST or SOAP. Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day – interviewed at SoftLayer (Addison, TX) in September 2011.
The interview process was very lax. You will enter the front where security will stop you and make you wait for who ever called you. You will be given a temporary badge and taken on a short tour and offered an energy drink. There are confrence rooms upstairs where the interview will take place. 1 or 2 people will interview you. The questions will be right out of any top 20 interview questions list. You will be asked if you have any questions. I suggest asking about salary and benifits because they are not mentioned in their interview process. Good luck and GOD bless.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at SoftLayer in February 2015.
The interview was about an 1 hour - Video conference. I think was ok , we both break the ice and talk about real matters such as previous jobs experience, what would you do if such such such cenario mostly management questions.
- 1-Expirience. 2-What would you do if? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review