Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Staples
- Sales Associate (71)
- EasyTech Associate (57)
- Cashier (43)
- Copy Center Associate (35)
- Resident Easy Tech (18)
- General Manager (17)
- Business Development Associate (15)
- Sales Manager (15)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (14)
- Easy Tech (13)
- B2B Sales Consultant (13)
- Business to Business Sales Consultant (11)
- Office Supply Associate (10)
- Easy Tech Associate (8)
- Easy Tech Expert (8)
- Account Manager (8)
- Copy Center (7)
- Operations Manager (7)
- Store Manager (6)
- Copy and Print Associate (6)
- Team Supervisor (5)
- Customer Service Lead (4)
- Customer Service Representative (4)
- Product Specialist (4)
- Assistant Manager (4)
- Staples Easy Tech (4)
- Certified On-Site Technician (4)
- Copy & Print Center Associate (3)
- Staples EasyTech Expert (3)
- Inside Account Manager (3)
I applied online – interviewed at Staples.
All applications are submitted online, if you want an interview you should be persistent by calling the store and asking to speak with a manager to make sure they have seen/pulled your resume. First interview is typically with one of the two assistant store managers. That manager will then decide if your going to get a second interview with the Store Manager.
Recommended speaking point for the first interview would be: preach customer service, always ready to engage customers, enjoys working in team environment.
Second interview with store manager is simply to confirm what the first manager thought, repeat the same speaking points plus your own obvious positive spin and you will do fine.
- Nothing unexpected, nothing difficult Answer Question
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Staples (Ramsey, NJ) in January 2011.
Online filtering of prospective employees is easy to bypass; just answer that you can deal with any customer/situation. Tech skills are not even needed here, a Tech Expert is expected to stock shelves and walk the floor. When a customer does come in for PC work, repair tools are minimal, space is minimal, but emphasis on selling warranties and additional products is monumental. At this location, assistant mgr was decent (bu the poor guy didn't even have a PC on his desk), head manager didn't pay attention to interview at all and repeatedly asked for questions/answers to be repeated-he was too busy staring at surveillance monitor. It's all about moving paper and ink-manager's words, not mine. If you're into fixing PCs, do it on your own or for a local guy.
- Have you ever been given awards at previous job? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day – interviewed at Staples in April 2011.
From within the company work hard and prove to the team and management that you are ready and deserving of the promotion. When a position opens up notices are posted and you can submit a request for an interview. If the management decides your worthy a meeting is setup with a district manager. From outside the company have some supervisory experience and apply when you see an opening.