Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at T-Mobile
- Retail Sales Associate (118)
- Customer Service Representative (69)
- Retail Sales Representative (56)
- Retail Store Manager (19)
- Sales Associate (17)
- Store Manager (14)
- Financial Care Representative (11)
- Technical Support Specialist (11)
- Sales Representative (8)
- Sales (8)
- Retail Associate Manager (8)
- Director (7)
- Business Development Manager (7)
- Customer Service Representative II (6)
- Senior Manager (5)
- Senior Engineer (4)
- Sales Consultant (4)
- Coach (4)
- RSA (4)
- T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate (4)
- Small Business Account Representative (3)
- Business Analyst (3)
- Store Operations Associate (3)
- RF Engineer (3)
- Customer Service and Sales Representative (3)
- Senior Marketing Manager (3)
- Customer Care Representative (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Retail Sales Leader (3)
- Sales Development Representative (3)
Customer Service & Sales Representative Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2014.
Applied online through the T-Mobile website. Got a call back about a week later and answered some pre-interview questions over the phone. Was invited to "A Day In the Life" where you see a presentation about the company, position, and benefits and then go sit with a rep to listen to actual calls. Was then sent an e-mail to choose my interview date.
It's a behavioral interview so the questions are like "Tell me about a time when..." and they are looking for specific examples from your past work history so it's best to practice at home first. They use the S.T.A.R. method: state the SITUATION/TASK, explain what ACTIONS you took to handle it, and tell the RESULTS.
After the questions, I was left alone and given 10 minutes to study a paper about a mock company (you are not required to memorize it though). Then, the interviewer called me from another room acting like an actual customer calling to cancel service and I was expected to convince her not to cancel and present her with different options more suitable.
She came back in the room and asked if I had any limitations on my schedule and said they were going to run a background check which took about 7 business days to complete. Then they called me with the job offer. I start in a week!!
- 1) Name a time you had an irate customer. What techniques did you use to calm him down and what were the results?
2) Name a time you disagreed with a policy put in place by your supervisor/company and how did you handle it?
3) Name a time you received criticism from a supervisor/co-worker and how did you improve from it?
4) Why do you want to work for T-Mobile? View Answer