Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at TJX Companies
- Sales Associate (25)
- Allocation Analyst (22)
- Corporate Merchandise Training Program (20)
- Intern (9)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (7)
- Merchandising Development Program (6)
- Assistant Store Manager (5)
- Merchandise Associate (5)
- Senior Financial Analyst (4)
- Corporate Merchandising Training Program (4)
- CMTP (3)
- Merchandise Assistant (3)
- Buying (3)
- Associate (3)
- Internship (2)
- Senior Technical Analyst (2)
- Buying Intern (2)
- Cashier (2)
- Merchandising Assistant (2)
- Merchandising (2)
- Assistant Manager (2)
- Store Manager (2)
- Finance (2)
- Investigator (2)
- Distribution Center Supervisor (2)
- District Manager (2)
- Merchandise Development Program (2)
- Corporate Merchandising Internship (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Loss Prevention Detective (2)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at TJX Companies (Bloomfield, CT) in March 2013.
Was a open house/job fair onsite. I was impressed with the facility. very nice and organized. Employees are very knowledgeable and very friendly. After a quick 5 to 10 minute tour i was brought to a conference room and waited. I then talked to the Supervisor or HR, then a AOM, and then the Manager of HR. After that it was lunch and they released me due to no one being around. All the people i meet were friendly and very helpful. Nothing unexpected was asked. Mostly asked about my Supervision experience and if i had dealt with Unions.
- How does your military experience prepare you for working with us? Answer Question
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies (Charlotte, NC).
Called me and wanted to set up a over the phone interview. Had the over the phone interview and it was like a horrible blind date. The questions were stale, the position was dry and boring.
- N/a Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Seriously?? Refer to comments
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at TJX Companies (Tolleson, AZ) in August 2012.
Received an initial phone call from HR who conducted an informal phone interview. Was asked basic supervisory experience questions. Asked how I handled an employee who failed to meet company policy or production standards in the past. Phone interview was followed up by a face-to-face progressive interview about 4 days later. The in-person interview process took 3 1/2 hours and consisted of meeting with 5 different interviewers one-on-one and a facility tour. Interviewed on a Thursday and received a phone call/offer by noon the following Monday.
- No extremely difficult questions. They all focused on past supervisory experiences and program/project management. Also asked if I had experience with Lean and 6 Sigma. Not being a green/black belt didn't hurt me but I think it helped that I had been part of several Lean/6 Sigma events. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at TJX Companies in January 2012.
The HR representative contacted me to schedule a phone interview after I submitted my resume online. I called her back and we setup an appointment for a few days later. During the initial contact she was cold but professional.
She did not call at the arranged time or at all. I left a voicemail 70 minutes after the interview time and asked to reschedule. It is VERY, VERY, VERY rude to miss an appointment. I would never consider working for this company. Folks in my experience this lack of professionalism is a good indicator of a bad company. If they lack the courtesy to contact you as a candidate, they will be much worse to work for. I am interviewing them in as much as they are interviewing me.
Takeaway: They appear to be a rude and disorganized company.
- They failed to call at the schedule time. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review