The Blackstone Group
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Blackstone Group
- Summer Analyst (6)
- Analyst (5)
- Intern (5)
- Software Engineer (4)
- Director (2)
- Executive Assistant (2)
- Financial Analyst (2)
- BAAM Analyst (2)
- Real Estate Debt Strategies Summer Analyst (1)
- Real Estate Debt Strategies Group Summer Analyst (1)
- M&A Advisory Intern (1)
- Charitable Foundation Intern (1)
- BAAM Investment Team Summer Analyst (1)
- Business Analyst/Technology Analyst (1)
- Software Engineer, Innovation and Infrastructure (1)
- 2014 Summer Software Engineer Intern (1)
- US Technology Intern (1)
- Innovations and Infrastructure Software Engineer (Summer) (1)
- Chief Financial Office Summer Internship (1)
- Summer Analyst- Mergers and Acquisitions (1)
- Summer Analyst - Real Estate Debt Strategies (1)
- Chief Financial Officer Office (1)
- Controller (1)
- PE Analyst (1)
- Research Analyst (1)
- Compliance Intern (1)
- Vice President (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Investment Banking Advisory (1)
- BAAM (1)
10 people found this helpful
Software Engineer, Innovation and Infrastructure Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Blackstone Group in February 2014.
Paper test with 4 questions on it. The interviewer gave me 30 minutes to write the answer and then came back to discuss with me.
Q1: Convert a string to an integer, like '123' to interger 123. And tell the complexity of your algorithm.
Q2:A question about a database, I need to write SQL and discuss the tradeoff of that database( normalized vs denormalized databases)
Q3: Given two arrays a1, a2, find all elements in a2 that are not in a1.
Q4: Implement a method of a special binary tree. The treenodes all have values, the leaves of the tree are only values, while the non-leaf node are values(not known at the beginning) with another field-operators including plus, minus, times, divides, and abs. Given the root of the tree, return the value of the root.
I firstly finished the 3 coding problems and have no time to do the sql. The interviewer discussed with me about the codings, and then give me more time to finish Q2. Then tell me about his position and duties.
- The questions are not so hard, but to finish them all in 30 minutes is not so easy as well. Answer Question