Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at US Coast Guard
- Electronics Technician (3)
- Seaman (3)
- Enlisted USCG (3)
- Seaman E3 (2)
- Recruit (2)
- Master Chief Petty Officer (2)
- Aviation Maintenance Technician (2)
- Boatswains Mate (1)
- Supply Tech (1)
- LTJG (1)
- Cadet USCG Academy (1)
- E-4 (1)
- Search and Rescue Controller (1)
- Coast Guard (1)
- First Class Petty Officer (1)
- Enlisted Member (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Equipment Specialist (1)
- Seaman Recruit (1)
- Entry Level (1)
- Communication (1)
- N/A (1)
- Chief Petty Officer (1)
- CPO (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Accounting Student Trainee (1)
- Petty Officer (1)
- Junior Officer (1)
- Officer (1)
- Amt (1)
- No Offer
Be honest, direct and explain your aims and desires. Listen to all information and take notes as necessary.
- Are you detailed,thorough and accurate in your work.. 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at US Coast Guard (Baltimore, MD) in June 2013.
Waste of my time, I was told they already had an ex coastie that was retiring in Norfolk VA was going to fill the position.Waste of my time, I was told in the beginning they already had an ex coastie that was retiring in Norfolk VA was going to fill the position. It didn’t matter that I felt my qualification were great for the job, the 3 interviewers running the interview didn’t want to hear my qualifications. This is the third time I’ve had such an interview. Each time I tell myself “never again am I going to apply for a job with these clowns” but I did.
- Why do you want to work for the USCG? 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at US Coast Guard (Key West, FL) in November 2011.
Every six months you have an employee review to go over your performance at your current pay level and will either be recommended for advancement or not recommended. This is usually done in a day and if you do not agree with the review it can be appealed.
- What do you think you deserve and why? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months – interviewed at US Coast Guard (Key West, FL) in January 2009.
- they dicipline you when you are in a bad place in your life. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review