Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at USAA
- Financial Foundations Associate (26)
- Financial Foundations Specialist (20)
- Intern (19)
- IT Intern (18)
- IT (17)
- Claims Adjuster (17)
- Auto Claims Adjuster III (14)
- Financial Advisor (13)
- Member Relationship Specialist III (12)
- Member Service Representative (10)
- Total Loss Representative (8)
- Software Developer & Integrator III (8)
- Auto Adjuster III (8)
- Claims Representative (7)
- IT Programmer/Analyst (6)
- Mortgage Processor III (6)
- Financial Advisor III (6)
- Financial Analyst (5)
- Customer Service Representative (5)
- Claims (4)
- Insurance Agent (4)
- Software Developer III (4)
- Auto Adjuster II (4)
- Inside Adjuster III (3)
- Mortgage Origination Specialist (3)
- Financial Foundation Associate (3)
- Software Developer (3)
- Director (3)
- Customer Service (3)
- Java Developer (3)
Claims Representative Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).
The phone interview took place a few weeks after I completed the online assessments. The online assessment consisted of a typing test that was relatively easy if you know your way around a keyboard. The actual phone interview was about 15 mins. They start off telling you about the position and making sure you understand what the work schedule and training schedule will be like. Then they ask you the interview questions, which are behavioral based. This basically means that the questions will start off like "Tell me about a time when..." The hardest one they asked was "Tell me about a time when you had to deliver news to a customer that wasn't in the customer's favor."
- The hardest one they asked was "Tell me about a time when you had to deliver news to a customer that wasn't in the customer's favor." Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for USAA
Claims Representative InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).
I applied for Claims Dept. I received a phone interview. That went great and she said the next thing would be a face to face interview. I had that and it went great also. I also got an email to go for a drug test. That was confusing.
- What in your past work experience did you have a difficult customer and how did you take care of that customer. Answer Question
Claims Representative InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in September 2012.
I applied online. A week and a half later I was e-mailed a link for an assessment test. There was a practice typing test, then 6 different sets of information that needed to be typed. After that were typical assessment questions. The next day I received a call to set up a date and time for the phone interview. The recruiter that interviewed me was very nice and easy to talk to. She did a great job of going over information specific for the job like weeks and hours of training, and pay rate among other things. She asked the typical questions. I felt the interview went really well, unfortunately I was not selected for a face to face interview.
- None. Typical questions. Answer Question