Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at VMware
- Member of Technical Staff (57)
- Software Engineer (42)
- Intern (33)
- Technical Support Engineer (25)
- Senior Member of Technical Staff (24)
- Inside Sales Representative (17)
- Technical Account Manager (8)
- QA Engineer (8)
- Member of Technical Staff II (7)
- Systems Engineer (7)
- Marketing Manager (7)
- Senior Software Engineer (7)
- Senior Manager (6)
- Senior Systems Engineer (6)
- Staff Engineer (6)
- Senior QA Engineer (6)
- Project Manager (6)
- Senior Consultant (6)
- Engineering (5)
- Sales Representative (5)
- Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer (5)
- Business Analyst (5)
- Manager (4)
- Program Manager (4)
- Software QA Engineer (4)
- Analyst (4)
- Web Developer (3)
- Strategic Account Manager (3)
- Marketing (3)
- Senior Program Manager (3)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at VMware (Frimley, England (UK)) in November 2014.
Relaxed, Open, two-way process. Fast process end to end. The best interaction I ever had in my last 11 years of IT career. Just perfect. From screening to technical phone test everything was structured. They all spoke the same language and open to questions.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at VMware (Frimley, England (UK)) in June 2011.
Recruiter approached me via LinkedIn. Spoke to 6 different interviewers over the phone - with different Paolo Alto based teams. 3 face to face interviews - with local people. I think it is important for different teams to approve a candidate - so many of the interviews were quite repetitive. I guess they want to get "buy in" from as many people as possible. I tried to ensure that I tackled each new person as if they were the first person I was speaking to.
- Typical functional and technical questions - no attempts to catch me out. Focus on previous experience. Answer Question
We negotiated a slight increase on the initial offer.