Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at VMware
- Member of Technical Staff (59)
- Software Engineer (43)
- Intern (34)
- Senior Member of Technical Staff (27)
- Technical Support Engineer (25)
- Inside Sales Representative (18)
- Technical Account Manager (9)
- Staff Engineer (8)
- QA Engineer (8)
- Member of Technical Staff II (7)
- Senior Consultant (7)
- Systems Engineer (7)
- Marketing Manager (7)
- Senior Software Engineer (7)
- Senior Manager (6)
- Senior Systems Engineer (6)
- Project Manager (6)
- Senior QA Engineer (6)
- Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer (6)
- Engineering (5)
- Sales Representative (5)
- Business Analyst (5)
- Manager (4)
- Lead Development Representative (4)
- Member of Technical Staff III (4)
- Program Manager (4)
- Senior Program Manager (4)
- Analyst (4)
- Software QA Engineer (4)
- Human Resources (3)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware (Frimley, England (UK)) in November 2014.
Relaxed, Open, two-way process. Fast process end to end. The best interaction I ever had in my last 11 years of IT career. Just perfect. From screening to technical phone test everything was structured. They all spoke the same language and open to questions.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Frimley, England (UK)) in June 2011.
Recruiter approached me via LinkedIn. Spoke to 6 different interviewers over the phone - with different Paolo Alto based teams. 3 face to face interviews - with local people. I think it is important for different teams to approve a candidate - so many of the interviews were quite repetitive. I guess they want to get "buy in" from as many people as possible. I tried to ensure that I tackled each new person as if they were the first person I was speaking to.
- Typical functional and technical questions - no attempts to catch me out. Focus on previous experience. Answer Question
We negotiated a slight increase on the initial offer.