Interviews for Top Jobs at VMware
- Member of Technical Staff (43)
- Software Engineer (41)
- Intern (24)
- Senior Member of Technical Staff (21)
- Technical Support Engineer (18)
- Inside Sales Representative (16)
- QA Engineer (8)
- Technical Account Manager (7)
- Senior Software Engineer (6)
- Systems Engineer (6)
- Marketing Manager (6)
- Staff Engineer (5)
- Senior QA Engineer (5)
- Project Manager (5)
- Engineering (5)
- Senior Consultant (5)
- Member of Technical Staff II (5)
- Business Analyst (5)
- Manager (4)
- Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer (4)
- Program Manager (4)
- Sales Representative (4)
- Software QA Engineer (4)
- Senior Manager (4)
- Analyst (4)
- Senior Systems Engineer (4)
- Web Developer (3)
- Strategic Account Manager (3)
- Senior Program Manager (3)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (3)
1 person found this helpful
Ecosystem Engineering Infrastructure - UI Developer Interview
The process took 5 days – interviewed at VMware in February 2012.
I was contacted by a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn. I was setup for an interview with the hiring manager. I was told the that interview would be to learn more about the position and my current and past positions. If that interview went well the second one would be a java skills test (were I would find mistakes and efficiency issues for 3 questions) on WebEx, and for the third interview they would fly me in for an in-person interview with a panel.
That was not the case however. The hiring manager (first interview) was the one who administered the java skills test via WebEx. This caused a delay because I had called into the conference call meeting number, and not the WebEx portion. When in fact I was to wait for the hiring manager to call me directly and log into the WebEx. This confusion rattled my nerves and for the first question i was really nervous and stuttered my way through it. The hiring manager had to coax me to the right answer. On the second and third questions I finally got more comfortable and was able to answer them correctly.
The second interview was with what would have been a peer. In it I was asked questions about best practices, hypothetical solutions to programming challenges and previous projects positions I had worked on and what role I played in them.
Unfortunately that's where all communication stopped. I received no response to my thank you letter, or one saying they were no longer interested, or even that the position was filled. I felt the recruiter was a bit clueless on the interview process/company and wasn't able to answer any of my questions.
- Specify all the required programming/components necessary to add to an existing search box an auto-complete/related-search-terms drop down. View Answer