Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless
- Retail Sales Representative (245)
- Customer Service Representative (220)
- Sales Representative (57)
- Solutions Specialist (51)
- Customer Service Specialist (19)
- Business Account Executive (19)
- Sales Associate (16)
- Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative (15)
- Experience Specialist (14)
- Customer Care Representative (14)
- Retail Sales Consultant (12)
- Technical Support Coordinator (11)
- Technical Support Representative (11)
- Intern (10)
- Customer Service (10)
- Customer Specialist (9)
- Assistant Retail Store Manager (9)
- Account Executive (9)
- Customer Service Supervisor (9)
- Sales (7)
- Senior Sales Representative (6)
- Financial Services Representative (6)
- Store Manager (6)
- Retail Store Manager (6)
- Assistant Store Manager (6)
- Customer Service Representative, Call Center (6)
- Manager (5)
- Senior Customer Service Representative (5)
- TELESALES Representative (5)
- Major Account Manager (5)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Folsom, CA) in July 2014.
Interview is all done in STAR format. Interview can be very challenging and you need to be prepared for it. The recruiter will generally give you some sample questions to help prepare.
- Tell me about a time you had to do something you didn't want to do. What was the outcome? Answer Question
There is really no negotiations. They have a salary set for the general area you are applying for.
- Accepted Offer
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.
One face-to-face interview with a manager, but I had an "in" and recommendation from an employee who worked under her. Asked sales related questions about my previous jobs and how I met and exceeded goals.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.
interview process is good. the background check, credit check, past work experience check is worse than a government or federal job. Need w2's or 1099 forms for past 7 years and if your resume is off more than a month on any job then they will no longer consider you
- Name a time when you went above and beyond the duties of your job and what was the outcome? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
Applications are taken online, and screened by corporate HR before the Store Manager calls you. This step took about 1.5 weeks for me. The interview was informal and mostly standard questions. Being able to demonstrate corporate and cellphone knowledge seemed be highly influential.
- How much recognition do you need? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.
First I had a preliminary interview over the phone and then was asked to come into a store. I was interviewed by 2 store managers, an HR representative, and the district manager. Asked situational questions and then put on the sales floor for a sales simulation. An overall great experience.
- All basic situational questions. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Kennewick, WA) in June 2014.
Inititail job application found thru Indeed.com, about 2 days later I received an assessment to complete which covered a series of questions and situations multiple choice regarding personality, integrity and honesty. Than about 3 weeks later I received an email to schedule a phone interview, I scheduled the interview and went thru my job history in detail and gave my highlighted areas and weaknesses and areas of interest. I was asked to finish our phone interview after about 40minutes to role play. I have been anticipating this.
- What was my least favorite thing at my last job and why. 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.
First interview was held at a hotel. From there I was taken to a second interview, where I had to drive to a nearby store. From there I was interviewed by a store manager said to receive a response within a week.
- Why do you think you are a good fit for this job? Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
took about 2 month, was pretty laid back there were 3 people in my in person interview, the first interview i had was over the phone which was basically just going over my qualifications, second was more intense, I was asked several behavioral questions but wasn't too hard to get by
- tell me about a sale you didnt make and tell me about a sale you did make Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.
Two managers in a room asking you questions good cop/ bad cop scenario cliche and childish. One asked about my sales experience in the past as if they would give me better pay for being experienced. The managers interviewing you may or may not be your store manager.
- Describe a difficult customer and how did you handle them. Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
At least three interviews, one being a phone interview. First interview would include sales tactics and walking the floor. Usually done in store by hiring store manager. Dress for the position you want to have, have personality and with a positive attitude, Positive attitude is required at least going in.
- Really not sure as interview was many years ago Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review
See What Verizon Wireless Employees Are Saying
Pros: “If you do well you can work your way up quickly. I became key holder in 4 months and in line for assistant mgr after 9 months. Also, you can make as much money as you want. In addition, you...”“If you do well you can work your way up quickly. I became key holder in 4 months and in line for assistant mgr after 9 months. Also, you can make as much money as you want. In addition, you get a lot of incentives and you can win really cool things. I got field passes to Falcons game for being top 10 in region.” – Full Review