Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Victoria's Secret Stores
- Sales Associate (382)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (54)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (34)
- Sales Support Associate (31)
- Cashier (29)
- Bra Specialist (15)
- Store Manager (13)
- PINK Sales Associate (13)
- Stock Associate (12)
- Cash Wrap (9)
- Sales Specialist (8)
- Retail Sales Associate (8)
- Category Manager (6)
- Customer Service Representative (5)
- Sales Representative (5)
- Sales Support (5)
- Stock (5)
- Intimates Category Manager (5)
- Operations and Staffing Supervisor (5)
- Cashier/Lingerie Sales Associate (4)
- PINK Campus Representative (4)
- Assistant Store Manager (4)
- Associate (4)
- Campus Representative (4)
- Product Manager (4)
- Merchandise Flow Supervisor (4)
- Co-Manager (4)
- Category Supervisor (3)
- Manager (3)
- Brand Delivery and Operations Manager (3)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Evansville, IN) in May 2015.
Pretty laid-back interview. Submitted an application in person and was contacted about a week later for an interview. The interview itself was a group interview with two other people. I had looked on this app for potential questions, and several came up that I'd seen before. However, I second-guessed myself and didn't answer the question about "wardobing" a customer for fear of being wrong-wish I had spoken up. Don't be afraid to hold conversation with the interviewer! We all took turns answering the questions for the most part, but don't be afraid to share real-life experiences you've had in the store or other stores, even if it is an example of something negative that you've learned from. The people at this location are all very nice and seem to be very close to each other. I received a call with a job offer the day after the interview.
- What does it mean to "wardrobe" a customer? 1 Answer
- What is the first thing you notice when you enter a store? 1 Answer
- Have you ever mentored anybody? Describe the experience. 1 Answer
- What is a current fashion icon whose style you admire? 1 Answer
- Do you have any personal favorite prod it's from Victoria's Secret or PINK? 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Arlington, TX) in May 2015.
My sister and I filled out applications and went to turn them in in-person. When we got there we were greeted by one of the sales associates and told her that we were here to turn in applications. She kindly told us to standby while one of the managers came out and settle us. One of the managers came out and greeted us with an enourmous smile on her face. She introduced herself and so did we. She even commented on how pretty our names were! She was looking through our applications and was very pleased with what she was seeing. Suddenly another manager comes up and tells her that she will "handle this." She snatches the applications from the other manager and doesn't even introduce herself to my sister and I, we had to tell her our names. She skims through the applications and makes a face while saying that we needed to be able to work all day on weekends. We didn't want to do that, but we really needed jobs so we agreed. But she retorts that we don't have enough retail experience, that the minimum is 2 years in retail. Says she will keep our applications on file and to have a nice day. It was an awful experience. I know we would have gotten the jobs (or at least an interview) had the first manager stayed :(
- You guys need to be able to work all weekend. 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 4 days – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.
Turned in application to store manager on a Saturday and was called for a interview for the following Wednesday. I interviewed with another person. The actual interview was brief, and we both went took our turn answering the managers questions.
- Describe a time when you went above a customer's expectation Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2015.
It was a really casual and comfortable process. Everyone was very friendly even in a group interview. It's smart to speak up first and to be confident and outgoing. Stress customer service. All the interview questions I were asked had to do with experience and naming times when you experienced or acted upon certain things like. I had little to no work experience and was still offered a job because of being confident and speaking up.
- Q: Why do you want to work here? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in May 2015.
I applied online to HS, got a call about 6 weeks later. Went in for an group interview, there were like 12 individuals but they interview us in pairs. Those who applies online, had to fill out an application there on the spot. The interview lasted 10 minutes the most. A week later I was called back for a second interview which lasted for about 3 minutes. One of my reference told they got a called from then the day before my second interview.
- Why VS? What department in the store would be my choice? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in May 2015.
I took my application into the store and was invited back for a group interview the next day. The interview was a store manager and one other applicant. It was kind of intimidating, not only because I had a person to directly compete with but because we did the interview in the middle of the mall in a little seating area so everyone was walking by and staring.
- Why do you want to work for this company? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a week – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Birmingham, AL).
Very friendly. Everyone was nice and the training to be offered was outstanding. There is an extremely seamless carry over from new hire to floor ready which in my most recent experiences is rare. Great place to work.
- Why do you want to work here? Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.
Applied for VS in-person on Friday. Got the call on Monday, inviting for the interview but got asked on the phone about 5-6 questions. Waiting for the final (i guess) interview in person in 2 days-hopefully will go great!!! The person on the phone was very nice and polite:)) I was superrrrr nervous!!! never had interviews over the phone!! so dont be!!!
- Why VS? Whats customer service for you? How do u deal with multiple customers who come at once? Whats you favorite store? Whats customer service at that store? Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative Experience
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in April 2015.
Did not pay attention to me. Really rude. Didnt want to know my name. Spent 5 minutes on me. Made me fill out an entire application only to tell me that i cant work there because i have to be free on weekends. I said yes i can be free in the mornings or afternoons and she said no you need to be all day available and i said more than 8 hours ? And then she told me goodbye. Kinda hurt. And i was really nice and professional. She just didnt even treat me as a normal human with respect.
- Why do you want to work here? To 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Bethesda, MD) in April 2015.
The manger was very sweet. She asked me questions about what motivated me and why i wanted to work there (basic stuff). Make sure to mention the confident vibe and girl power atmosphere at vs.
- What what appeals to you working here? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review