Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Vistaprint
- Software Engineer (24)
- Marketing Associate (9)
- Analyst (6)
- Software Engineer Intern (4)
- Business Analyst (4)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Senior Associate, Marketing (3)
- Marketing Specialist (2)
- Quality Assurance (2)
- Lead Software Engineer (2)
- Intern (2)
- IT (2)
- QA Engineer (2)
- Business and Strategy Analyst (2)
- Segment Marketing Director (1)
- Marketing Graduate (1)
- Manager, Software (1)
- Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (1)
- Business & Strategy Analyst (1)
- QHSE Manager (1)
- Problem Manager (Not Managerial) (1)
- QA Test Lead Engineer-sap (1)
- Solutions Manager - Business Intelligence (1)
- Online Marketing Specialist DACH (1)
- CMO -country Marketing Head (1)
- Associate Analyst Interview (1)
- Marketing Associate, Organic Search (1)
- Email Marketing Intern (1)
- Public Relations/Social Media (1)
- Forecaster/Workforce Management Analyst (1)
Manager, Software Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week – interviewed at Vistaprint in April 2012.
For a software manager position, one can expect to be interviewed by an experienced or senior interviewer and to be asked questions related to management styles, leadership skills, overall technical understanding, problem solving skills, etc...
However, the interview is performed first by some junior programmer who asked me to do a coding exercise on a piece of paper. Second interviewer is another junior person who asked for an hypothetical OO design on a white board. Then another person (who seemed the most experienced) who asked some good SQL questions.
The whole interview felt as it was for a programming position and not for someone who has the necessary skills to manage, lead and motivate a team.
Further more, I later found the exact same questions that I was asked published by previous VistaPrint candidates on many web sites. This simply means that many of the people who passed their awkward tests simply read them online beforehand, which says a lot about the quality of the people working there.
- How to find the index and value of a missing element of an array of 5000 numbers View Answer