- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Aidells part-time for more than 5 yearsPros
- The starting hourly wage ($14/hr in most places) is in-line with the work demanded of employees.
- There are paid quarterly safety meetings with free dinner (mileage paid as well).
- Speaking of mileage, mileage over 50 roundtrip is paid at ~.445 cents per extra mile.
- Bosses are never breathing down your neck.
- Great bonuses if you work hard ($20 a day in bonuses is definitely doable).
- Bonuses at Costco are even better. The scale for Costco bonuses is tiered: $2/hr, $3/hr, or $5/hr extra!
- Costco leads get $2/hr extra.
- Every 6 months demonstrators have the chance to (not so tough) test and get a .50c raise. Caps at $2.
- Take your break whenever you want. 15-minute paid break for demos. Two 15-minute paid breaks @ Costco.
- Talking to people (if you enjoy that).Cons
- Eaters/haters/bad customers. Patience is a virtue.
- Some days, you just are going to get shafted with a lot to sell in a not so busy store. It happens.
- Carrying around your kit everywhere is annoying.
- Cleaning your gear. This has to be the number one complaint I hear from other demonstrators.
- It can be awkward when your new and you have to call over people from across the store.
- It's basically sales. Aidell's sets quotas and while it isn't mandatory to meet, you will suddenly find yourself being scheduled less and less if you are frequently missing them.
- You MUST tell everyone that you sample to about the food allergens in the food (dairy, gluten in some) or you could lose your job if someone unknowingly eats something they are allergic to (or religiously against).
- Job duties may vary by area because of the nature of the retail industry.Advice to ManagementAdvice
I think management does a great job in the South East. I can't really think how it could be improved. Singling out your stars (in public and in private) definitely boosts morale.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO