Management Accountant – new
Altium Associates Limited – Guildford, England
Credit control and the reconciliation of customer accounts Oversight of the bought ledger Oversight of cash books, bank reconciliations and FX… Adzuna
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Altium Limited full-time for more than 8 yearsPros
-Corporate focus on the customer and excellence of the product
-Good benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, daily lunch catered onsite)
-The people generally are fun to work with
-Marketing management team is great
-The company (at least until now) has valued employees who go the extra mileCons
-There's always more to do than there is time. We are always stretched thin on staff.
-Publicly traded on ASX means sometimes decisions might get too market-focused.
-Sales management often makes short sighted decisions to close deals
-US regional HR has been very unstable in the past few years.
-Previously there was a lack of clear communication between regional sales/support and R&D and corporate headquarters.
- New re-seller network is uncontrollable.
- Re-sellers have taken to employing AEs who were previously let go from Altium - it's working out okay, but it is risky.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Communicate more with front-line staff.
- Provide additional incentives (stock, compensation, career training, and budget responsibility) to front-line managers.
- Make re-seller network comply with certification program to ensure FAE / SE quality.
- Ensure R&D has clear lead and acknowledges feedback from marketing and support teams.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO