Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants
Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants, Inc. – Houston, TX
* Overseeing compliance requirements for US-EPA RMP and US-OSHA PSM regulations. * Conduct formal process safety assessment studies including… Beyond.com
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Baker Engineering and Risk Consultants full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
1. They treat employees pretty well...in Houston.
2. In the past the bonus has been pretty good, but they're working on winding that down and bumping up salaries a bit, which I view as a good thing.
3. The salaries are now becoming decent.Cons
1. Because it's such a small company, there's no room for advancement. What you get hired to do, you'll do until you leave.
2. Senior management tends to make poor business decisions, like opening offices in locations that are ridiculous.
3. Senior management is waaaaay too "hush, hush" about everything. For such a small company there is a surprising lack of transparency.
4. Benefits seem to be getting slashed.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Close your remote offices. And stop being needlessly secretive about everything.Doesn't RecommendPositive OutlookDisapproves of CEO