Canrig Drilling Technology
No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
Canrig Drilling Technology Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Canrig Drilling Technology full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
- Excellent Field Service exposure
- Experience in many areas in a short amount of time
- Good advancement opportunity (if willing to re-locate)
- Very good safety cultureCons
- Poor Senior managment. They give people high level management positions just because they've been with the company a long time. Doesn't always translate to good leadership skills, especially at higher levels.
- Pay is below market rates. There is a training and advancement program (CAMS), but it is mismanaged and not all the field service groups are treated fairly within the rules of this program.
- Unequal treatment of employees. Some poeple in this company can get away with just about anything, because of their tenure and/or thier position. Taking 10 smoke breaks a day, for instance, is not appropriate when you are working in an office environment. Not only is it unprofessional, but it is a violation of company policy.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Recognize that morale in some of your Field groups is extremely low right now. Also, impress upon your managers at the field offices that if the business unit is going to grow, it has to start from the top down. You can't expect to sit behind a desk all day and think your business is going to expand. Get out in front of people and get creative.
- Your technicians are your life blood. They are the face of your company to your customers, and they can make or break your reputation in some cases. Treat them as such and the rewards will return ten-fold.
- Have the resolve to realize that maybe some of the leadership decisions you have made were bad ones. Make the necessary changes. This isn't a popularity contest, it is a business. There are certain individuals in this company that are like a clog in a pipe, and what's trying to get through is productivity, team development and future business.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookApproves of CEO