No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at CompuCom full-time for more than 3 yearsPros
1. Best reasons to work here are the people. The "associates". There is tremendous teamwork and support. Folks rally for each other.
2. You will keep your skills competitive and can add several new ones.
3. You will get great experience.
4. If you make a mistake or land on a bum deal, you can survive the experience. CompuCom will take steps to persevere with the account and honor their commitments. CompuCom values associates that power through challenges to arrive at win-win solutions for all parties.
5. Work from home.
6. Our brand continues to get stronger. CompuCom is now a Gartner magic quadrant leader and challenger on more than 1 dimension.
As a consultant, it's awesome to be in a safe place professionally (especially in a challenging economy), to be growing professionally, and working for an honorable company.Cons
Associates enable our innovations and value offerings. Accounting and finance leadership under values our workforce - as evidenced by numerous policy edits, benefit trends and static "associate" salaries.
Yes a workforce presents a fixed cost to the business, but in a service business that's it's greatest, enduring asset (the talent).
Strongly suggest you implement a new paradigm: protect, polish, grow, differentiate, celebrate and cherish your associates.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Polish your boots (share a little bit of the wealth with the troops):
1. Increase the 401k Match level at higher tenure levels; it's a win-win.
2. Create some room for advancement: go from 3 grades to 4 or 5 in each track.
3. Do a cost of living adjustment (up).
4. Pay your debts. Re-look your go-to and distinguished "associates" that are overdue for promotions with raises for any number of reasons.
The old incentive plan was okay, but not great. The new one is worse. Inconsistent rewards when deferred and then deferred again - are too far removed from any extra effort sought this quarter or next.
I'm utilizing our benefits smartly and managing my cost structure personally, but over time my earning power has shrunk 14.5%. CompuCom has been good to me. I don't want to break the model. I do hope CompuCom will update the equation, but at the moment I'm looking elsewhere to meet my next goals.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO