Dignity Health Medical Foundation
Dignity Health - Medical Foundation – Sacramento, CA
The Medical Assistant (MA) position is responsible for knowing his/her professional scope of practice as defined by the California Business and… CareerBuilder
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Dignity Health Medical Foundation full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
1. Interesting work, healthcare and finance are both areas that offer lots of technical challenges so there is little time to get bored or for your skill set to become stagnant. Healthcare is a great industry to be in.
2. Competitive salaries; nothing over the top but competitive.
3. Lots of women in the organization and in management.
4. Many motivated and competent professionals; has the potential to be an awesome place to work.
5. Good benefits package.
6. Beautiful building (location) and 24 hr security.
7. Many employees really believe in the humankind's aspect of the company motto.Cons
1. Severe lack of standardization in nearly every support department.
2. Terrible work life balance in Finance.
3. Leadership in need of communication and scheduling training. Too many managers saying "yes" to executives without working out reasonable deadlines, subsequently projects are always late, people are stressed, and moral is low.
4. Executives not given enough administrative support to do their job nor are they being given firm direction on goals and expectations for their area.
5. Perpetual cycle of over-promising and under-delivering; from execs making promises to physicians they want to onboard, managers making promises to execs relating to projects, and staff not pushing back on unreasonable deadlines. Collectively leads to low moral internally and unprofessionalism externally.
6. Lack of job specific training which is tied to LACK OF STANDARDIZATION; eventuates in frustrated and overworked employees.
7. VERY high turnover in Finance.Advice to ManagementAdvice
1. Invest more in training and educating all staff to increase productivity through efficiency.
2. STANDARDIZE THE WAY YOUR SUPPORT DEPT DO BUSINESS; it's impossible to ensure quality when what's true today is not true tomorrow.
3. Invest more in support personnel; i.e. hire more admin so that your managers and executives are able to focus on getting their work done.
4. Mentor, mentor, mentor! Encourage sub-departments to assign mentors to all their staff so that each person is being mentored and mentoring another. This will lead to shared knowledge and increased productivity.Doesn't RecommendNeutral Outlook