Kimley-Horn and Associates
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. – San Jose, CA
, dedicated, and reliable professionals. We are seeking an Environmental Planner to… Beyond.com
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. – Sacramento, CA
* Minimum of 3 years of experience conducting environmental studies for local agencies and private entities. * Experience with a wide ra… Beyond.com
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. – Tallahassee, FL
include: operating with integrity and sound business principles, providing practice vision, business planning and… Beyond.com
Kimley-Horn and Associates Photos
1 person found this helpful
I worked at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (less than an year)Pros
Join if you have the following qualities:
1. Extremely low learning curves (training will apply to your "extra efforts" time sheet NOT your Utilization time sheet which is basically what you will live by in this company) (Utilization = How many hours of your time sheet can be billed, you should expect to be at a 98% pretty much all the time)
2. Entrepreneur spirit and consistent income from ongoing projects (the moment income stops rolling in, the downward spiral will begin)
3. Are a serious workaholic meaning having a tough time achieving a work/life balance.
All I can say is that analysts are usually very nice people and pay/benefits are great. Can't say the same from upper management.Cons
1. Time off means having to make up those hours at some point to achieve the required UT goal.
2. Clock out time is not at 5:30 pm, most of the time is way beyond that.
3. Make sure that if you are entry level, ask for an extensive training program.
4. You are not just an engineer, you are expected to be highly billable, very sociable to be put in front of the client, extremely efficient in your tasks, work comes before anything mentality. If you do not possess all these skills, be prepared to have a hard time.
5. Bottom line is that your sole purpose in that company is to become a Practice Builder (Basically a Project Manager of your practice within the company).Advice to ManagementAdvice
A place where people can flourish....................................hmmmmm doubtful.Doesn't RecommendNo opinion of CEO