Morrison Healthcare – New York, NY
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industrys… Morrison Healthcare
Morrison Healthcare Photos
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (less than a year)Pros
I am employed by Morrison Healthcare, and Morrison Healthcare is contracted to run the Food and Nutritional Services at a Children's Hospital. The company runs the hospital cafeteria, cafe, and deliver meals to patient rooms. These are the perks to working for this company.
1) All drinks in the hospital cafeteria are free for Morrison employees
2) Clocking in and out of work is so easy and convenient on a small screen. It's so much easier than working at my previous employers (CVS, Rite Aid, and Six Flags)
3) I work in management and everybody on my team are so friendly and hard-working
4) I love every aspect of my job and coming to work visiting patients, which leads me to like my company. After all, this company gave me the job that I love and I should thank them for that.
5) Hours fit my needs, and I can change my work schedule if I need to go to a doctors/dental appointment.
6) This is my first full-time permanent job since graduating from college last year. The salary is great for someone that just got out of college.Cons
I am going to be 100% honest. If you don't work in management, you probably won't like working at Morrison Healthcare because 90% of the jobs are union jobs with low wages - food worker, cashier, cook, dish washer, food deliveryman. People that take these jobs tend to have little or no education, have problems with attendance and following rules, and the turn-over rate is high so management is forced to always hire new people. As someone on the management team that isn't a union worker, I have great pay, great benefits, great hours, and my job is challenging and enjoyable. I sometimes feel bad for having a great job when everybody below me doesn't like their job. I tell the union workers that if they prove themselves to be a good worker and go to school, they will have a greater chance of moving up to become a lead, supervisor, manager, and maybe even the director of the department!RecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO