No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
Progressive Insurance Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time (more than an year)Pros
I have worked at Progressive for a little over a year and I can say, with confidence, that it is the best company I have worked for in my career. However, I also believe that employees get out what they put into it. In my opinion, this is not the kind of company where someone can show up for work and wait for something to do. While the project leadership will assign enough work to meet their goals, it is the responsibility of the employee to own their careers.
In the time I have been here, I have learned new frameworks, new languages, new design techniques and have been involved in community outreach programs and all without having to work excessively long hours or taking time away from my wife and children.
- Gainshare (Performance goal-based profit sharing)
- Flexible working environment
- Excellent compensation
- Training opportunities (technical, industry and Progressive-specific)
- Work life balance
- On site gym
- On site healthcare servicesCons
- Health insurance offerings are very thorough plan but it is also expensive
- We get charged a premium to insure working spouses. :-(
- Change is slow and incremental (product of a large company)
- Lots of process (sometimes to a fault)
- Recruiting process is terrible!
- Progressive is an excellent company to work for but getting your resume in front of a hiring manager can feel like an act of God. I was contacted by a recruiter because of my LinkedIn profile (not because of a job I actually applied for). Ironically, I applied for a position as a software developer 6 months prior and was rejected without any contact from a recruiter.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Keep doing what you are doing! Overall, Progressive is a place I am happy to work for and am looking forward to a long career here.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO