No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
Slalom Consulting Photos
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (more than an year)Pros
- Work-life balance is excellent. The management cares greatly about ensuring we work hours within reason. I have even been told to "not work late" when a manager once saw me sitting at my desk while he was heading home (it was 6pm).
- Management I can trust: I sincerely believe the New York management has my best interests in mind. The GM is thoughtful, smart, fun to be around, and a great motivator for the office. I have never worked in a place where the head of the office can both feel like a leader AND a friend. Meanwhile, the head of my group and my career counselor have me feeling like I could never find better support anywhere else.
- I have been allowed to forge my own path. If you want to create something here and if it works for Slalom's business, you've got a match! This company will enable you to grow into the consultant or business manager you want to be.
- Lots of company happy hours, dinners, opportunities to get involved in projects outside of work
- No travel (unless you want to)
- Office culture is extremely happy (overall- though there are a few sour grapes...but you can navigate around them and they usually don't seem to realize you're even doing it)Cons
- PTO is insanely bad and not competitive.
- 401k match is too lowAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Slalom is a great company with a lot of opportunity. I am thankful to be in the New York office with such an incredible leadership team and such competent, friendly, and intelligent colleagues. National needs to get itself together and offer consider better PTO and 401k options, and learning opportunities should not just be electives, but required. Sometimes it's very hard to get learning opportunities in when also feeling like we need to be at the client. We will not grow without continued education. This should be a priority.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO