No jobs found – change your filters above for more results
3 people found this helpful
“Weak leadership, high attrition at senior management levels, and poor integration with parent company. Uncertain future! ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Ventyx full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
- Breadth of exposure to different products and customers.
- Growth industry and high barriers to entry for small players. Few competitors in the market.
- Industry is expected to grow at 10-12% per year ($7 US billion industry in 2014) and Ventyx has less than 8% market share.
- Diverse pool of talent at the technical level (software, power systems, electrical).
- Potential product offering and cost synergies with ABB.Cons
- Over the last year, stock price of parent company depreciated by over 25%.
- Multiple rounds of layoffs and low employee morale.
- Weak leadership team, no integration office, lack of vision and strategy.
- Not a "winning" nor performance culture, bureaucratic processes implemented by parent company undermining entrepreneurial mindset.
- No CEO to lead the company as if the Board (ABB) is preoccupied with other non-Ventyx priorities.
- Changing competitive landscape in the T&D business as GE Energy Management builds up on Alstom's existing European and Asian installed-based.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Polarized politics, power struggles between Ventyx and parent company and high attrition of key executive positions (CEO, CFO, EVP) lead to a dysfunctional and unhealthy organization. While there is still time to turnaround the company, I suggest the appointment of an experienced leadership team capable of championing an organizational change.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO