Vera Bradley – Roanoke, VA
(Note: Other duties may be assigned) To perform this job successfully, an… Glassdoor
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Vera BradleyPros
- Company culture was caring and authentic; the epitome of Midwestern values. Co-workers are more like close friends or family members, and the team/people made it so fun to come to work every day. Most employees you speak with will tell you the best part of their job is the people. The hiring process is rigorous, but they take their time to find the right fit. VB absolutely hires to the job qualifications, but are looking beyond what is on paper to assess soft skills and a person's character and drive.
- Customer service philosophy is outstanding. VB empowers customer-facing employees to meet the needs of the customer in their own caring, creative ways. High standard of customer service.
- The work was always challenging, and we were pushed to excellence by managers and through the performance review cycle. Good work was rewarded. Employees are given yearly goals and projects to achieve. This created a focus and purpose for every employee--from entry-level to mid-management.Cons
- Some departments seemed to be in a constant state of chaos due to poor resource planning (new store openings, staffing needs).
- Budget restraints caused some meaningful programs or initiatives to fall by the wayside.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Keep making high-quality products
- Keep Midwestern values
- Invest more in your high performers and create tracks for young professionalsRecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO