1 person found this helpful
“The experience overall teaches you how to learn living far from home and to be responsible for another human life ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Au Pair in America full-time (more than an year)Pros
- This experience opened my mind to other cultures, not just the american
- Teached me how to live with a different family with different rules and different habits.
- Increased my sense of responsibility since another human being was dependant on my work.
- Offered me the opportunity to assist to schools that normally would have being very costly to attend
- Gave me the chance to travel to many places and cities
- I have met very interesting people, made friends and learn from others situationsCons
- It is very easy to get misunderstandings with your host family when you don´t have a good communication.
- It is practically a matter of "good luck" whether you get a nice family since you never know how things can turn out after a while with the family you chose to live withAdvice to ManagementAdvice
a way to avoid misunderstandings between the au pair and the family is to have a closer relation between the person responsible of the area with the au pairs to serve as conciliator between this two parties before misunderstandings arise.RecommendsNo opinion of CEO