Capcom Vancouver Reviews
Pros – - Interesting IP with many opportunities to work on interesting tech
- All tech is developed in-house, letting you touch all aspects you're interested in
- Open atmostphere - you can contribute design and give feedback and you'll know it gets considered.
Cons – - Compensation is lacking. Less than what you'd make at EA or other nearby large studios.
- Leadership likes to play it too safe. Difficult to convince them to experiment or try out new paradigms, programming techniques, etc
- Codebase is a mess in some places. Lots of ugly code on there - a lot of it was written to hit frequent milestone deliverables. Technical debt is very high.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
1 person found this helpful
Pros – It has proven to be a fun and positive environment to work in. Lots of perks and company events and great benefits.
Cons – Key to success very much seems to be who you know and not what you do for the company. Your reputation among upper management is the single most important element in career growth.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
Pros – Nice people. Fun projects. People are passionate about what they do. Good benefits. Owners are very approachable and easy to talk to.
Cons – - Overall quality of work is very poor. At least from a developers standpoint. 10k lines of code for a player. Come on hasn't anyone there heard of design patterns, object oriented development. Just abysmal design. Its a wonder they can final games.
- Design decisions all over the map. Once month the game is X then next month game is Y. Then you wonder why things take so long.
- Work life balance is not very good.
- Terrible pay. They look for junior staff and underpay them. They keep pay low even after you excel and can demonstrate senior capabilities.
Advice to Senior Management – Pay people what they are worth.