J. W. Hunt and Company Reviews
Not yet rated.
John C. Creech, Jr.
“Great place if you embrace nepotism and incompetence. If you know someone that works there, you will get the job.”
Pros – - Free sodas and candy
- $50 Publix supermarket gift certificate for Thanksgiving
- Diversity of work
- Learning curve
- Almost new computers
- Plenty of secretaries
- Family and friends environment
Cons – - No incentive to pass the CPA exam
- No busy season bonus or bonus period
- Little to no raise across the board (after boom years)
- No eye or dental insurance, no 401(k), only a high deductible health insurance plan
- Not encouraged to take time off unless convenient for the partner i.e. no work for you to do
- Old office with Robert E. Lee on the wall, carpet from 1965, and bathrooms that two male partners stink up daily
- You are working to pay the partners children
Advice to Senior Management – Get some sense of direction making centralized decisions. Offer constructive feedback in a timely manner to all staff. Have clear benchmarks as to how you rate employees. Setup expectations early on to all staff. Have a staff appreciation day in addition to administrative day.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend