100% of the CEO
5 people found this helpful
I have been working at Mozilla full-time for more than a year
Pros – - Relaxed atmosphere. Good place if you want to have a good work/life balance.
- Friendly coworkers and the ability to work with a passionate community
- Office locations are premium and you can work from wherever you want.
- Good benefits package
Cons – - Chaos and lack of direction.
- Firefox is not a priority anymore. Firefox OS (B2G) has killed the culture. Now we are playing by the carrier's rules. If you don't work in Firefox OS expect no visibility of your work. And if you work in Firefox OS expect no understanding of what's happening and when.
- In the last year we have hired way too many corporate leaders who are trying to change how things work. Long time Mozillians are leaving and the ones who stay don't seem really happy.
- This is not the place for you if you want to innovate and launch new products. Only Firefox OS matters and we don't control the go to market.
Advice to Senior Management – Regain control over Firefox OS. Carriers need us as much as we need them. Go back to the roots and hire Executives with open source and entrepreneurial background.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company
2013-04-05 10:58 PDT
2 people found this helpful
I have been working at Mozilla
Pros – nice people, great benefits, good hrs, nice offices, good culture, open door, great bonus, nice equipment, catered food, good coffee
Cons – most of the employee base is too young and does not have the experience required to lead, the marketing dept is totally incompetent and under qualified
Advice to Senior Management – a complete re-org of the entire mkg dept from the top down
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2011-12-07 14:06 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –