59% of the CEO
I have been working at Talisman Energy full-time for more than a year
Pros – Professionalism, global teams are helpful and welcoming. Exposure to very remote operations, with real challenges, and grateful people. Technology is very much an enabler, and not something that is ever forgotten about.
Cons – None - I'd work there again!
Advice to Senior Management – Allowing the global network team leads to travel to remote office is a real boost to productivity and really helps the more remote teams feel more engaged.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
2013-12-10 09:20 PST
2 people found this helpful
I have been working at Talisman Energy
Pros – - Flexible
- Good mgmt support to implement your ideas (back it up with facts and stats)
- Always trying to improve
- Dynamic, fast pace
- Great people
Cons – - Silos
- Too many people involved in decision making
- Growing too fast hence constant change to accomodate the environment (I don't mind but this is not for everyone)
Advice to Senior Management – - keep focusing on execution
- before trying to be world class let's work on the basics
- process improvement is key (I think the appetite is there) but too much initiatives at the same time get people away from what's important - let's take baby steps
- keep communicating the goals and vision of the company
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
2012-02-23 21:04 PST
Talisman is committed to conducting its business safely and in an ethically, socially and environmentally responsible manner. The company is a participant in the United Nations Global Compact and is also included in the… — Full Overview
Provided by employer [?]
This is the employer's chance to tell you why you should work for them. The information provided is from their perspective.
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –