Vertical Communications Reviews
Pros – - Small company, so individual contributors can make a big difference.
- The company has hired a lot of skilled engineers over the years who haven't left. The relationships between coworkers are perhaps Vertical's best quality.
- Product management is focused on future (BYOD / Mobile, Cloud) as well as the day to day needs of our dealers / customers.
- Management is more focused these days on trying to make the company more of a community instead of just people showing up for a job.
- For the age and size of the company the benefits are reasonable and the working hours are flexible.
Cons – - There is no real mentoring or career path planning for employees (other than at the VP level).
- Lots of legacy technologies to maintain. Very few people work on "brand new" projects.
- Poor organization of resources. When the company want to ship a product, the company goes into scramble mode with engineers doing QA.
Pros – Few members are great to work with. For individual contributors nice place to work. You can learn as much as you put in effort.
Cons – Not much feedback from management. Neither good nor bad. Management is not ready to take hard decisions which seems to be deterrent for growth.
Advice to Senior Management – Need changes in work culture. People who work hard need to be listened to. People with problems need to be talked to and if they don't want to be dedicated then management needs to do something about it.
Pros – Great people, communication was great between different departments. Everyone was always willing to help. Very fun place to work at
Cons – lots of hope of going IPO, lots of dreams, lots of late nights, lots of drinks and lots of food
Advice to Senior Management – Keep up the good work. Continue to lead the company to the promise land. No advice needed for a wonderful management crew.