Washington Redskins Reviews
Pros – Few perks and bragging rights to say you interned with the Washington Redskins
Customer service staff are usually helpful
Gain customer service experience
Cons – Ticket office interns do all of the real work for no pay, while Sales staff sits around and pretends to be busy.
Despite all of the customer service and work that interns handle, they are still not respected by other staff members. Was introduced to new employees as "the people who open the door and answer the phone."
Advice to Senior Management – The ticket office relies too heavily on interns. Consider hiring a full-time ticket office assistant that you can depend on, especially when the interns are not available.
Pros – - Looks great on a resume to work for the Redskins
- Staff is friendly and great to work with
- Managers work with you with any issues you may have
Cons – - Terrible pay, commission, and times
- Little to no career advancement with the organization
- Benefits are terrible among the industry
- Organization only cares about the bottom line and not employee satisfaction or even customer satisfaction
Advice to Senior Management – Offer more incentives to your employees and treat them like real people. Your sales staff, at all levels, brings in your revenues and deserves to be recognized and rewarded properly.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend