Interview Question

Claims Representative Interview Nassau, NY

"A claimant comes in with her little children who are being

very disruptive in the office. The mother (the claimant) cannot focus on the interview questions, what do you do?"
Tags:
i am not a baby sitter!
Answer

Interview Answer

5 Answers

They didn't like any of my answers, and they wouldn't let it go...this part of the interview went on for 10 minutes. The answer they were looking for was that I should take toys, coloring books and crayons out of my desk and try to divert the childrens attension.

I dont' have kids of my own, I never thought of it.

Interview Candidate on Apr 1, 2009

There is no "right " answer to these kind of questions. In addition, most SSA offices don't have toys, coloring books and crayons. Other ideas include asking if the claimant wants to come back another time, complete the application by phone or online, be patient and show some understanding, etc.

District Manager on Jul 18, 2009

I was asked this exact question in interview as Claim Representative. Thanks so much for past bloggers because of you guys, I was prepared.

anonymous on Apr 4, 2014

You mentioned bloggers...do you have any further resources for the interviews? Specific blogs I can look at to prepare myself further? Any help would be great!! I interview May 12, 2014 so any help before them would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous on Apr 30, 2014

You should see if the claimant can still go through with the interview even while there is a lot of noise to distract her.

Anonymous on Jan 21, 2015

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.