The Home Depot

www.homedepot.com
  www.homedepot.com

Interview Question

Store Manager Interview Pittsburgh, PA

"Talk about a time where you drove diversity and inclusion

our business?".
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

I am involved with driving diversity and inclusion at my business in many aspects. For example, I am a member of various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), including RAYBEN – Raytheon Black Engineers Network, RAIN – Raytheon American Indian Network and RAPA – Raytheon Asian Pacific Association. As a member of these groups, I participate in events designed to ensure that employees from these various nationalities are aware of all opportunities within the company, for them and for their communities. Additionally, I volunteer my time, knowledge, talents and passion to mentor children from disadvantaged schools and communities. As a mentor, I go to the schools to talk to the students and inform them about the STEM courses and programs, and how they can and should participate in Science, Math and Technology courses and events. I also serve as a technical guide to teach and facilitate the students’ participation in state wide Science contests. As a matter of fact, we are starting a contest called “Science of Sports”. We work with the students, the New England Patriots and other community organizations such as the Boys and Girls clubs from various cities, ensuring that the students have all the support they need to succeed in the contest.

Adelino Fonseca on Jan 19, 2014

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.