Home Depot
3.2 of 5 3,948 reviews
www.homedepot.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Home Depot Store Manager Interview Question

I interviewed in Pittsburgh, PA and was asked:
""Talk about a time where you drove diversity and inclusion in your business?"."
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Store Manager Interview Review - one of 1,204 Home Depot Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
I am involved with driving diversity and inclusion at my business in many aspects. For example, I am a member of various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), including RAYBEN – Raytheon Black Engineers Network, RAIN – Raytheon American Indian Network and RAPA – Raytheon Asian Pacific Association. As a member of these groups, I participate in events designed to ensure that employees from these various nationalities are aware of all opportunities within the company, for them and for their communities. Additionally, I volunteer my time, knowledge, talents and passion to mentor children from disadvantaged schools and communities. As a mentor, I go to the schools to talk to the students and inform them about the STEM courses and programs, and how they can and should participate in Science, Math and Technology courses and events. I also serve as a technical guide to teach and facilitate the students’ participation in state wide Science contests. As a matter of fact, we are starting a contest called “Science of Sports”. We work with the students, the New England Patriots and other community organizations such as the Boys and Girls clubs from various cities, ensuring that the students have all the support they need to succeed in the contest.
- Adelino Fonseca on Jan 19, 2014 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Depot interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Home Depot employees and interview candidates.