Accenture

www.accenture.com
  www.accenture.com

Interview Question

Business Analyst Interview Houston, TX

"You are a head chef at a restaurant and your team has been

cted to be on Iron Chef. How do you prepare your team for the competition and how do you leverage the competition for your restaurant?"
Answer

Interview Answer

5 Answers

This was the 2nd phone interview question. It threw me off because I had been doing straight business case prep work in terms of profit/loss, new products or markets, that sort of thing. But I approached it the same way as any business case, even though it was a little silly.

Interview Candidate on Jun 10, 2012

If I already had a team, they'd be the best and there would be no significant preparation other than relaxing the night before, building their confidence by acknowledging their strengths and imagination. The team's relaxed and confident attitude is enough to shake up the competition. Always take the higher ground and think smarter, not harder.

Glen on Jan 17, 2013

SWOT analysis

Mariana on Jan 19, 2013

I'd say it is a SWOT in the disguise of Iron Chef. The fundamental question is: how do you win in a cut throat environment?

Lucia on Mar 4, 2013

First I would divide the team into overlapping groups.

One chef would take on the task of creating fabulous meal idea using meats, and food groups that goes with meat and seafood.
Another chef would be great with seafood, garnishes, soups, and stir fry dishes. The third chef would good with food groups that compliment both meats and seafood, who is also skilled with deserts and their presentations.

I, being the person in charge of the team, will be the assistant to all three. My job is quality control, assure that all departments are done in time, and present the meals to the judges (with a clean apron on).

Since the competition is also unaware of what will be on the menu, I will not waste any time and sleep on what they are capable of. Preparation and Game Time Focus, will give us the best chance to claim the prize.

No matter if we win or lose, I would instil the chefs with the thought that we are already winners for just being on the TV show, and show them the respect they deserve.

Reali T. Chek on May 19, 2013