1-800 CONTACTS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.2

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT).

Interview

Initial application then a phone interview with a face to face interview. Seems like basic application and interview process with a drug test. Nothing too out of the the ordinary.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS.

Interview

After I applied for the job, someone from the company called me and set up a phone interview. The phone interview as not very long. It seemed like it was being done by someone just getting details and not a decision maker. I did not advance beyond the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What salary I was seeking.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in July 2015.

Interview

You start with a phone interview then you fallow up with a personality type test you can do on your computer. If they like what they here you they call you in for a face to face interview and a skills test. The test is not hard it is basic windows questions and a type test you only have to type 30 WPM. Then you talk to a hiring manager and answer star interview type questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you go about getting to know your co- workers at your last job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation but they are really good about getting you a schedule that will work for you. I only just started the training process but I tell you this company is different. They truly care about there employees and want you to be happy.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty laid back and felt a little too informal. They have you take a typing test and then shadow an agent for about 30 minutes and then bring you in to ask questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT).

Interview

It started with hearing about the job from a friend and submitting a reaumé. Then there was a brief phone interview. Next, you get a link where you answer six brief questions in writing, and six additional questions by recording yourself on video. If successful, you go in to the office for a skills test of ten questions, which you must answer correctly, including questions which answers are obtained by navigating the customer database. You must also type above 42 WPM. If successful, a behavioral interview is conducted. A senior manager will interview you if they believe you are able to perform the job. If the manager decides you are a good fit, an offer is extended.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone with whom you did not get along. How did you handle that situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to select exactly the hours I wanted to work. No negotiation necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT).

Interview

The interview first starts with a screening by a recruiter. They ask you questions about your past jobs and about why you want to work for 1-800 CONTACTS. If you pass that they bring you in for an interview and a basic computer skills test. If you don't know the basics of computers (using the internet etc.) don't go. They use behavioral interviewing techniques. During the interview portion the recruiter asks you about past work experiences. You have to be specific like what the situation was, what actions you took in detail and the result. Think of examples before you go on customer service, learning new things, etc. It's hard to BS these answers. If you pass the recruiter interview they have you meet with a Manager who asks you similar questions. The process is quick and fairly easy and everyone is really nice. They also gave me a tour of the building and the cafe and gym- Awesome! They actually offered me the job about a day later and asked me what hours during a specific time slot I would want to work after training. ( scheduled was 2 to 11pm) but they also have morning shifts. Oh and they do do a background and electronic I-9. A friend didn't disclose he had a marijuana possession conviction so he got booted for 6 months because he didn't write it down. Also, we had a girl termed during training cause she was using a fake social security #. (she told me this but not sure if that was the real reason)

Interview Questions

• It was some questions related to weaknesses. Not the typical, "What is your weakness?" but more like "Tell me about a time you had to work with a manager to overcome a weakness."   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have set salary bands that they bring agents in at. They offer $12 an hour unless you have specific experience as an agent. There really wasn't much negotiation.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 2 executive level interviews and an intense interview (based on the STAR model) with the HR team. I had a tour of the facility and everyone was genuinely sincere, friendly and welcoming. I feel like I had a great understanding of the culture, what was expected of me and what my future team and working environment would be like.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific experience where you had to convey a bad message to an employee, what was your role and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate, 1-800 CONTACTS was strong on the compensation model and had clearly done their research on market rates - I was satisfied with my offer.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

You first do a computer test where they throw a few scenarios at you and you try and navigate their database the best of your abilities. Then they have you do a simple typing test. After your test, you go up to the call center floor where you sit and shadow with a representative while they take some phone calls so you can see what your job would be like. After that, you meet a call center manager where they conduct a behavioral based 10 question interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to handle a difficult co-worker or boss. Include the situation, plan of action, and the end result.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle an irate customer. Include the situation, plan of action, and the end result.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you provided great customer service. Include the situation, plan of action, and the end result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on pay, it's a base hourly rate plus bonus/commission.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in October 2012.

Interview

I was given the opportunity to apply for a position within the company. The recruiter understood that I had another job and that I would need to work around my current schedule. I had interviews at 7 a.m. to accommodate my schedule and was brought back multiple times in order to work around the various time constraints. After multiple interviews, I was offered the position and was given the opportunity to discuss the position and potential change of employment with my spouse. The benefits package was laid out clearly as was the salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell of time when dealing with a hard personality and how you handled that person and the situation to have the best outcome?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS (Draper, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews, including a phone interview

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your excel skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

Temporary for 60 days, then brought on permanently with a pay raise