1-800-Flowers.com Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.1

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Carle Place, NY).

Interview

Short and they never followed up at all to notify me of whether or not I was hired for the position. The pay is also very low/below average here compared to other companies to work for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

Basic customer service questions. How I dealt with angry customers. The pay is nothing to brag about. Benefits are ok. Employee discount ok. Must be able to work 50-60 hours on peak day. Training is for 2 weeks. Everyone seem nice and friendly. Their main customers reps are overseas, they care about their customers and want to make sure you can handle customers who are upset their order was not fulfilled

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I did a trial of the job by watching a video of what it is like and doing virtual examples of responses to say to customers. I did a questionnaire online, then did a virtual interview where they gave me a list of questions online, had them read off over the phone by a robot, then I had to respond to the questions on that phone call. I completed all steps of the process at home, because this is a 100% work from home position.

Interview Questions

• Why is a work-at-home position attractive to you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a recent situation where you had to handle a dissatisfied and/or angry customer. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult situation you have faced with a customer and what was the outcome? How would you handle it differently?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a peer or supervisor in a job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

Applied online and got an email asking if I could do a one-on-one phone interview. They sent me attachments to look at before the phone interview of common interviewing questions but didn't ask me any of the questions from those attachments.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions overall - what is your dream job? what department are you interested in and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

The hiring process is simple: applicants are given a variety of tests to determine eligibility. Then they interview with a current employee (someone serving in a holiday position mostly). Unless the test scores were below acceptable level, the applicant is hired on-the-spot and given a schedule for training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiable issues.

Florist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

First, the phone interview after I applied online. There was some basic HR questions in the phone interview. Then, I went to the in person interview. Basic Interview questions. It was hard to not get along with the interviewers. I did not get an offer. I would recommend the interview process.

Seasonal At Home Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

You first have to go online and fill out the application which includes a personality test and a skills assessment. You will have to run a test on your computer to verify that your computer meets the requirements for the job if your computer meets those requirements then you will schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very easy. The interview was very nice and the interview was very laid back. I was offered the job on the spot.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in April 2014.

Interview

Called by a supervisor to answer personal questions and questions about job experience. They asked to fill out paperwork. Received another telephone call to say I was accepted for the job.

Negotiation

Accepted offer, no negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

Online applications submitted, assessment testing took over an hour almost two, 2 phone interviews and a job offer then started seasonal training and set up for computer applications .

Interview Questions

• How will you adjust to working from home instead of at an outside job? What challenges do you see from this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Temporary seasonal job $8.00 an hour

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Tampa, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Application process was completely online. Interview process was very simple; it consisted of a single phone call that was mostly a description of the position, the hourly rate, and bonus opportunities, followed by an offer. After accepting the offer, a group of documents was sent to my email, one of which had to be notarized. Once HR had received my fax, I was sent set-up instructions via email along with training info. Everything was handled online & over the phone-VERY easy process.

Interview Questions

• There were truly no difficult questions. This was a very easy job to get.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary is $9.00/hr with an opportunity to earn a $200 bonus upon completion of both seasons.