1-800-Flowers.com Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.1

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

The interview process is long but pretty simple. They make you jump through a couple of hoops with over the phone interviews. You are also required to take an online test, it's very simple. Once you are hired in the job requires you to download a bunch of programs on your computer. Its an extremely long and tedious process. You are also required to send in a bunch of paperwork our of your own pocket...tons of it.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell a family calling in to ask for flowers for a funeral?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a job on the spot after my over the phone interview. It seemed like more of a technicality than anything. The interviewer was just going through the motions with me, I hardly had to try.

Home Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

Interviews done over the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in November 2013.

Interview

I received a email telling me that they wanted me for a interview. I gladly accepted.. I logged on the day of my interview. I was nervous but the person on the other end was so nice. I felt at ease right away. when it was over she let me know I got the job .

Interview Questions

• one day I had this poor lady that had just lost her husband , it was the day of the wake.. and she was upset over the flowers if they were going to arrive on time well I took a deep breath and reassured her that they are on their way well a minute later the doorbell rang and it was our company well I was happy the nice lady got back on the phone and thanked me again   Answer Question

Negotiation

be yourself be honest and humble. people will work with you.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Westbury, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter (not an internal recruiter) after posting my resume on a job board, and the recruiter got me a phone interview with a tech mgr, who then decided I should come in for an in-person interview. The interview was with three people, and detailed (including drawing on whiteboard by me and the Mgr), and seemed to go well, but shortly after the interview, the recruiter notified me that they had finished interviewing me and others, and had then decided to "re-think" what they wanted for the position. Who knows?

Interview Questions

• How would you transfer information from a customer ordering at store to the company's intermediate data repository, and finally to the target store for order fulfillment in the chain.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

They will call you after you've scheduled the interview, after a couple of short questions, shift availability, and you will know if you get the position right than and there. You will be sent an email with instructions, detailing hiring info, computer set up, and info in regards to training dates and times once completed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Westerville, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Simple and Basic

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a unhappy customer   Answer Question

Seasonal At Home Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was asked a few questions. One question was "what would you say to an irate customer whose flowers were not delivered as promised. It was his wedding anniversary and his wife thought he had forgotten. The customer was very upset."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Training and Production are both $8.50/hr.

Home Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very easy and quick. I was asked a few questions and then sent email confirmations almost immediately. I then downloaded what needed to be downloaded and printed out what needed to be printed out and filled out then notarized and sent back to corporate headquarters via certified mail in time to start my training classes.

Interview Questions

• My Interviewer had a hard time locating my paperwork from home office but when I gave her the information from my certified mail tracking information on who accepted the package, it didn't take long to locate and clear up the missing documents.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to choose and get the work shift I wanted first which was great. Though, I was available anytime, it was nice to be able to get my first choice for a change.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

Applied online, passed the assement, and scheduled my phone interview. Phone interview was fairly easy. Asked typical interview questions, and then at the end i was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for an internship for the summer. Was first interviewed by VP and then had a had a 2 on 1 meeting with two employees in the department. The interview with the VP was more of testing my analytical skills and my background. The 2 on 1 was more conversational and trying to see if my personality fit the department. Interviewed in mid-March and received an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Because I was a teaching assistant for a financial accounting class, my interview with the VP had an impromptu exercise in pricing a bouquet of flowers   Answer Question