1-800-Flowers.com Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.2

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Westbury, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter (not an internal recruiter) after posting my resume on a job board, and the recruiter got me a phone interview with a tech mgr, who then decided I should come in for an in-person interview. The interview was with three people, and detailed (including drawing on whiteboard by me and the Mgr), and seemed to go well, but shortly after the interview, the recruiter notified me that they had finished interviewing me and others, and had then decided to "re-think" what they wanted for the position. Who knows?

Interview Questions

• How would you transfer information from a customer ordering at store to the company's intermediate data repository, and finally to the target store for order fulfillment in the chain.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

They will call you after you've scheduled the interview, after a couple of short questions, shift availability, and you will know if you get the position right than and there. You will be sent an email with instructions, detailing hiring info, computer set up, and info in regards to training dates and times once completed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Westerville, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Simple and Basic

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a unhappy customer   Answer Question

Seasonal At Home Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was asked a few questions. One question was "what would you say to an irate customer whose flowers were not delivered as promised. It was his wedding anniversary and his wife thought he had forgotten. The customer was very upset."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Training and Production are both $8.50/hr.

Home Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very easy and quick. I was asked a few questions and then sent email confirmations almost immediately. I then downloaded what needed to be downloaded and printed out what needed to be printed out and filled out then notarized and sent back to corporate headquarters via certified mail in time to start my training classes.

Interview Questions

• My Interviewer had a hard time locating my paperwork from home office but when I gave her the information from my certified mail tracking information on who accepted the package, it didn't take long to locate and clear up the missing documents.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to choose and get the work shift I wanted first which was great. Though, I was available anytime, it was nice to be able to get my first choice for a change.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

Applied online, passed the assement, and scheduled my phone interview. Phone interview was fairly easy. Asked typical interview questions, and then at the end i was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for an internship for the summer. Was first interviewed by VP and then had a had a 2 on 1 meeting with two employees in the department. The interview with the VP was more of testing my analytical skills and my background. The 2 on 1 was more conversational and trying to see if my personality fit the department.

Interviewed in mid-March and received an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Because I was a teaching assistant for a financial accounting class, my interview with the VP had an impromptu exercise in pricing a bouquet of flowers   Answer Question

Temporary Seasonal Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interview

some idiot calls you and asks you a few basic questions. She didn't even understand how her own computer worked. Not encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Most of them because she was really hard to understand   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation. it's a crappy job and I took it

Seasonal At Home Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in January 2013.

Interview

Do online application, setup appointment, receive call HR

Interview Questions

• What would you say/ or how would you address a customer who calls in to order a sympathy arrangement for a funeral or loved one.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set pay

Home Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Very easy, nice people and great work environment

Negotiation

Very easy