1-800-Flowers.com Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014
31 interviews

2.2

Home Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Interviews done over the phone.

no negotiation

Customer Service Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in November 2013.

I received a email telling me that they wanted me for a interview. I gladly accepted.. I logged on the day of my interview. I was nervous but the person on the other end was so nice. I felt at ease right away. when it was over she let me know I got the job .

Interview Questions
    • one day I had this poor lady that had just lost her husband , it was the day of the wake.. and she was upset over the flowers if they were going to arrive on time well I took a deep breath and reassured her that they are on their way well a minute later the doorbell rang and it was our company well I was happy the nice lady got back on the phone and thanked me again   Answer Question
    be yourself be honest and humble. people will work with you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in October 2010.

With 1800flowers.com, you fill out an online application that includes a standard application, personality test/survey, a computer/equipment questionnaire, and a virtual customer service simulation test. If you pass the personality inventory and the simulation, you select a phone interview date from a calendar.

When the interviewer calls, they will verify you have the correct computer setup, headsets, landline and high speed internet. They will briefly ask you about your customer service and sales experience and previous work history. They will tell you about the work expectations such as up to 55 hours during busy times (more if you want it), pay rate, and training (paid), etc. They also inform you that the job is seasonal and you may or may not be kept on when the season ends & you may or may not be asked back for the following season. After the interview is complete, if all is satisfactory, they will send you paperwork via email. Some of it can be done online and some must be sent in. Some paperwork requires you to visit a notary. They will give you a training date and links to set up software on your computer and once you complete that, you must contact them via AOL instant messenger to save your spot in training.

The training takes place over the web with a special program called Webx. Training time depends on whether you will be trained as a customer service & sales agent or just a sales agent. Once you complete training, you have two chances to pass the test to become an agent. Once you pass the test, you complete what's known as "nesting," which is where you take live calls while still in a small training group for more individualized attention by supervisors. Nesting is usually a day or two. After that, you hit the ground running & receive a supervisor & team assignment & a schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Really, they stick to the basics. Not many off the wall questions. Most they may ask is how you would handle a difficult customer.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Everything is standard.

Marketing Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in March 2013.

I applied for an internship for the summer. Was first interviewed by VP and then had a had a 2 on 1 meeting with two employees in the department. The interview with the VP was more of testing my analytical skills and my background. The 2 on 1 was more conversational and trying to see if my personality fit the department.

Interviewed in mid-March and received an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Because I was a teaching assistant for a financial accounting class, my interview with the VP had an impromptu exercise in pricing a bouquet of flowers   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

They will call you after you've scheduled the interview, after a couple of short questions, shift availability, and you will know if you get the position right than and there. You will be sent an email with instructions, detailing hiring info, computer set up, and info in regards to training dates and times once completed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in April 2013.

I had a phone interview and was asked a few questions. One question was "what would you say to an irate customer whose flowers were not delivered as promised. It was his wedding anniversary and his wife thought he had forgotten. The customer was very upset."

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Training and Production are both $8.50/hr.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com.

Applied online, passed the assement, and scheduled my phone interview. Phone interview was fairly easy. Asked typical interview questions, and then at the end i was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Seasonal At Home Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in January 2013.

Do online application, setup appointment, receive call HR

Interview Questions
    • What would you say/ or how would you address a customer who calls in to order a sympathy arrangement for a funeral or loved one.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Set pay

Temporary Seasonal Employee Interview

some idiot calls you and asks you a few basic questions. She didn't even understand how her own computer worked. Not encouraging.

Interview Questions
    • Most of them because she was really hard to understand   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation. it's a crappy job and I took it

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carle Place, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carle Place, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at 1-800-Flowers.com in November 2008.

Interview process goes on for several rounds more than is expected, and HR generally takes a long time to respond. However, the interviews are largely non-technical (aside from 1-2 very technical interviews). The entire process is very upbeat, but they do not give you a lot of clarity into what the next steps are and what else you'll need to do to get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Each hiring manager has wide latitude in what they ask. I completed a very long written test / assignment as part of my interview process which took over a week.   Answer Question
    Negotiated significant salary increase from prior position, and was able to negotiate subsequent salary increases post-hire. However, you do have to sign a wide-ranging non-compete as you get more senior.