1-800-GOT-JUNK? Interview Questions

2.4

1800 Got Junk Truck Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? in December 2013.

Submitted resume online, and was contacted by franchise owner to set up a time to interview. Met with the owner at the office and was asked a few questions about my recent work experience, skills, etc. Finished with an agreement to start training the following weekend. Received call to come in for work, got my boots and uniform, and started.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had any experience lifting heavy objects?   View Answer
    Explained how I would be paid.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gaithersburg, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? in February 2014.

I applied online for Operations Manager and they called within a few days. The telephone interview went well so I was asked to come in for a "real" interview. When I got there I was told that the position I had applied for, Operations Manager, was not available but they would consider me for a Truck Team Member at half the salary we had talked about for the Ops position. I figured why not, I need a job so I said OK. I was told to accept the position in writing via email. I did that the same day. A few days later they responded that all positions had been filled. This was the first time I was ever declined after accepting an offer. Something made me suspicious of them from the beginning. I don't think they value the truth. It's like when a salesman says, "Trust me," you know not to trust them.

Interview Questions
    • They put me on the spot to give a short presentation based on a short video that I had been shown and what I knew about the company.   View Answer
    After being told the original job I applied for was not available and being offered a lower-paying job and accepting that offer I was told the position was not available and thanks for my time. Nothing like this has ever happened to me in over 30 years in the job force. I wouldn't trust these guys.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK?.

One to two interviews with current management and franchise owner. Reference checks from previous employment. Ride along with an employee or management as well to see how you perform for one day. Also may include an online personality test. Overall fairly lax interview. May be in a warehouse or office of the junk office so don't be surprised if it isn't much or very fancy.

Interview Questions
    • None really just the personality test may be challenging.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Rafael, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? in May 2009.

great experience. worked well and asked me questions that related to the job to see how i would be able to handle certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if i client isnt happy with our service?   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 1-800-GOT-JUNK? in June 2014.

I was contacted by an in-house recruiter who invited me in for an interview with the VP of Sales after a brief phone interview. Met with the VP at their office which was basically a screening interview to see if I fit their basic requirements. This meeting was relatively brief and although the recruiter mentioned they may attend, they did not. I was only asked a few questions and it seems I did not fit the profile they were looking for. From what I understand, they have a very thorough hiring process and I only made it the first step

Interview Questions
    • There were no formal questions answered in this initial interview   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

short and crisp

Interview Questions

Worked for 1-800-GOT-JUNK?? Contribute to the Community!