1 On 1 Academic Tutors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tutor Interview

Tutor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 1 On 1 Academic Tutors in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview went well and it was not difficult at all. They asked a few scenario questions and I was hired immediately I'm assuming because I have a BA in Childhood Ed and have experience with other tutoring companies. They said we would begin very soon, my interview was in September but we did not start work until November.

Interview Question – There were no difficult interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation the rate is a set price.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Tutor Algebra and English K Through 12th Grade (English) and Through 8th Grade (Algebra) Interview

Reseda, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 1 On 1 Academic Tutors in June 2011.

Interview Details – Went in - interviewed - showed them my degree and driver's license - did a background scan and was hired. Very friendly staff - very cohesive way of orienting to program and very cohesive way of getting all the student's paperwork done

Interview Question – Why the tutoring has to start in December instead of October as had previously been specified this year. Last year they were supposed to start in September but did not start until late october and ended early at the start of April when I was told I would tutor through May.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. Everything was fine for me and seemed fair enough. All was explained very well in person and then there was an excellent on-line orientation which was very clear and concise and easy to follow. I had no problem with this at all and actually enjoyed the ease of it. I had a degree and I passed the back round check easily and these two things enabled me to get started as soon as they were ready to assign students. oh, I also had to show them i could speak Spanish well enough to be able to communicate with the families of the students I was to tutor as well.

Very Easy Interview

Tutor Interview

Tutor
Panorama City, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at 1 On 1 Academic Tutors in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was incredibly disappointed and, like the person above, extremely confused. I was invited to interview last week, and scheduled an interview date and time via their online service, GenBook. Today, I gathered the appropriate documents, looked up the address, and headed out. As I reached the building that matched the address, I grew slightly confused--it was some kind of Goodwill office building. Not what I expected, but nonetheless, I parked and walked in. I explained to the man at the front desk that I was there to interview with someone from 1 on 1 Tutoring, and was surprised when he told me they weren't there today. His facial expression revealed this was no surprise to him, so I asked if this happened often. "It's been happening all week," was his reply. He then gave me two phone numbers at which I could, hopefully, reach someone from the company. The first was a 323 number, which I had received with my confirmation of the interview--and whose mailbox was full, leaving me unable to talk to anyone nor leave a message. The second was a 310 number, where I was promptly and nonchalantly dismissed. "Don't you check your e-mail? Didn't you get a call?" I do, and I didn't. The fact that I was so unsympathetically blown off was adding insult to injury. The least they could have done was contact me before I schlepped across town only to be stood up. I am shocked at what poor administrative management this company displayed. I can only hope they treat clients and current employees with more respect and consideration than they treat their prospectives.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at 1 On 1 Academic Tutors in September 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very simple. Was asked various questions and answered them, did not get a whole lot of feedback on the answers, was not much of a discussion which made it a little unhelpful about determining whether or not the job was a good fit.

Interview Question – What experience do you have with tutoring   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for 1 On 1 Academic Tutors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 1 On 1 Academic Tutors interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by 1 On 1 Academic Tutors employees and interview candidates.