1100 Architect

Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at 1100 Architect

Junior Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 1100 Architect.

I had an interview with two associates. They were some of the most cold and unfriendly people I have ever met, hence the interview process was a bit awkward at times. The people here take themselves very seriously.

Junior Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at 1100 Architect.

I had three interviews for this position.
    The first interview was with two associate principals. Mainly they asked about my resume, skills and experiences.
    The second one was with one of two principal architects. Mainly he asked about my portfolio. The third one was with another principal architect and another associate principal. They asked about my experiences and the portfolio.
    It took a month to get the result.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions.
      What I was asked were: The goals in the next 5 years. Why I want to work for them. What kind of architect I want to be.

Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at 1100 Architect in May 2010.

I met with a key member of the marketing team who was very relaxed and pleasant. The interview was going well enough that she brought in one of the principals to meet with me and she left the room. He never greeted me, just asked me to move from the chair I was sitting in. He never smiled or expressed any happiness or excitement. He just sat and stared at me and hammered out questions without any feeling or reaction. I was not upset when they did not call me back because this is not the type of employer I am looking to work with. I have several years of experience in the AEC industry and acquired a position with a successful design based firm shortly after interviewing with 1100.

Intermediate Architect Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at 1100 Architect in March 2010.

It was cold and very brief. There was not a lot of feedback and it seemed that the firm knew who they wanted to hire already.