1105 Media Interview Questions

2.8

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at 1105 Media.

Initial interview was via phone wit HR. second interview was set up with manager of dept. after this interview a personality test was given and job offered. The whole process took about two months.

No negotiation

National Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at 1105 Media in August 2009.

Initial telephone interview with the group publisher, followed up by the group President. Personal interview with the group publisher. Questions were all industry related, who I knew and what kind of business (revenue) a company was running. There were a few technical sales questions. Overall, I was being hired due to my industry knowledge,

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that could not be answered in a straight forward manner.   Answer Question
    The company asked what I made in my prior company and came very close to matching the salary. They offered an excellent commission plan that exceeded my previous company, allowing me to increase my income.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 1105 Media in November 2012.

Sent in Resume and Application and within a couple of weeks I was contacted by the current Director of Recruiting. From the very beginning he was very condescending about my experiences, so I was confused as to why he was even calling.

He began "questions" with statements like.." Now, you dont need to lie..because Ill know if you are lying" or " Now people your age tend to think they are qualified, but in reality they are not..Do you think you are qualified for this position?"

Interview Questions
    • Now, you dont need to lie..because Ill know if you are lying" or " Now people your age tend to think they are qualified, but in reality they are not..Do you think you are qualified for this position?"   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at 1105 Media in November 2009.

Applied to position posted on a job board and was contacted by their HR lead for a screening within a week of submitting resume. HR asked some basic questions and then specifically wanted my salary history (not my salary expectation/range); it was determined I was overqualified for the position open but that if I came in I could further discuss other potential opportunities within this team.

I then had a phone interview with the person who would be supervising this marketing position. In my phone interview it was revealed to me that the position one level higher than the one posted was frozen but perhaps I could transfer into it or they could get the budget opened. The phone interview was unscripted, I was asked general questions about my background and experience. It was about 30 minutes. I was told HR would call me to schedule me for an in-person interview in their office.

I was then contected by the same HR person to come in a week later and meet with the person I spoke to on the phone and her supervisor. The building was a little tricky to find as was the parking/floor in relation to the elevator area for the building. My in person interview was with my would-be manager and went very well. I also met the next level up who was very professional. My interviews went very well and I was considered a potential fit for the position. I left with the impression they were going to discuss their hiring goals and probably offer me the senior position. This was on a Friday. On Monday the same HR person contacted me and asked me for three supervisor-only references and emailed me their benefit package. The HR person called each of my references and completed this within the week.

The company then had their annual budget discussion and the senior position I was qualified for was given budget. The person I interviewed with called me (now having my references and their new budget approving the position I was qualified for) and conveyed that now that they had approval for this position, they could now "draw from a new pool of candadates and see what we get." She was very confused and disorganized regarding what to do with these open positions and her hiring situiation. She actually said to me, "the only thing that slightly concerns me is that you didn't send me a thank you note after interviewing with me and my boss." Then she said that my in person interviews were great and my references were great so now the next step (instead of an offer) was to do a "project" to show my work. This was basically a stalling tactic as she didn't know what to do with me. Her project was a request to solve an actual business problem which was the primary challenge of the group. It was not a writing or case study test, rather a device to get free work. I submitted a comprehensive plan which took several days to write which made me uncomfortable as I was essentially asked to do real work and not get paid for it. Also whatever plan I sent would therefore potentially be the platform I would have to work off of if hired. It was inappropriate.

The HR person called me and asked if I had heard from the person who had interviewed me - she had checked my references, requested a full hiring application be filled out and finalized everything on her end. The HR person was not aware I was asked to do this "project" and seemed a bit disconnected to the person who was trying to make up her mind.

The would-be supervisor called me after I emailed her asking for a status since she had had my project for enough business days to review it. She again sounded very confused and bewildered about what positions she was hiring for and then asked if I was interested in being considered for the position I was overqualified for instead of the senior one from which I was a match. I said no. Three months later they are still posting the position as available. In the last conversation I had with her, I was informed their HR person (who was my contact) had quit.

Interviewing for this position was easy until the company got caught up in their own greed which essentially caused the process to get messed up. I have never heard of anyone mentioning having an issue of not receiving a thank you card. The project request was a greedy way to get free work while stalling while looking at "an entirely new talent pool." I felt it a very tacky to contact my references if they were not then immediately going to an offer as a next step. It seemed the HR person was confused with this as well. Personally, I think the potential manager who has issue with not getting a thank you card is going to be a nightmare to work with. Four months after interviewing there, they are still posting for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Unscripted, general questions about my background, experience, transition between jobs and some vague discussion around knowing basic computer programs.   Answer Question
    • Was asked to do propose a strategic solution to a complex current business problem.   View Answer

Worked for 1105 Media? Contribute to the Community!